Per Diem Line Cook
Aura Healthcare, LLC dba Mountainside Treatment Center Canaan, CT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Line Cook – Full Time - Canaan
Mountainside, founded in 1998, is a leading behavioral healthcare provider dedicated to treating alcohol dependency and drug addiction. Accredited by The Joint Commission and CARF for its high standards of care, Mountainside seeks out passionate and talented individuals to join its staff.
Mountainside is currently seeking a Line Cook. The Line Cook will prepare food for clients, employees, banquets & special functions at the highest quality. This position assists the Sous Chef and Director in executing the menu & maintaining a safe/sanitary kitchen environment. The Line Cook will work in harmony with the Manager on Duty, assuring all daily meals and snacks are prepared to the best of their ability and meet the Standard of Mountainside.
SCHEDULE: Hours as available (per diem)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare from daily prep list and responsibilities of cooking and ensure timely execution of each meal
- Exhibit great organizational skills while providing professional management and direction to the kitchen staff
- Lead by example and assist in cleaning projects when applicable
- Maintain a neat, well-groomed personal appearance at all times and observe company dress code
- Learn, follow and enforce company policies, Kitchen procedures and sanitation guidelines
- Assume duties and responsibilities in the absence of Sous Chef
- Comply fully with all Safety Policies and Procedures
- Assist and share in other responsibilities and duties as assigned by the Food Service Director or their representative
- Communicates inter-departmentally and addresses their needs with respect and dignity
- Commitment to quality service, and food and beverage knowledge
- Wash dishes, pots, pans, sweep, mop and empty trash when needed
- 2 years working as lead production line cook
- Possess any food handler certificates that may be required by local or state laws
- Professional communication skills, oral and written
- Superior customer service skills / guest service focused
- Excellent time management skills and multitasking ability
- Ability to keep learning and bettering thy technique
- Knowledge of basic training techniques
- Awareness of local, state and federal health and sanitation laws
- Commitment to quality service and Food & beverage Knowledge
- Competitive hourly wage based on your qualifications and experience
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Matching
- Free Nutritious Meals
- 24/7 Access to Fitness Center
- Comprehensive benefits including: (i) Medical, (ii) Dental (iii) Vision (iv) Group Term Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment (v) Voluntary Life Insurance & Accidental Death & Dismemberment
Interested in becoming part of our family? Apply below! Mountainside is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company is committed to making employment decisions without regard to any classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances. We simply seek the best.
Mountainside is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company accepts its responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to any classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.