· Provides 1:1 behavior intervention to consumers/students in their home, school/while on their school bus ride, and/or community settings
· Conducts data collection
· Assists with writing of progress reports
· Assists with school staff/parent education on ABA and the ABA program
· Collaborates with colleagues, school staff, paraprofessionals and consumers and their families
· Follows case supervisor instructions and expresses any questions/concerns to supervisorial staff
· Maintains quality and consistency of program
· Follows agency policies
· Implements behavior plans
· High School Degree but Bachelors Degree preferred, or a high school degree in the process of obtaining a BA/BS in a related field preferred.
· RBT credential preferred and be in good standing with BACB. No RBT- will train.
· 1 year experience working with children with developmental disabilities
· Valid CA driver's license, clear DMV report, valid car registration, proof of auto insurance, and reliable transportation to commute throughout assigned area(s) in order to serve students/families we partner with Aultruism
· This position requires regular and punctual employee presence.
· A clean criminal record. Must complete a background check (Livescan)
ENVIRONMENT: Indoor/outdoor, classroom, or other learning environment, homes, communityPHYSICAL: While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be exposed to consumers/students who exhibit challenging behaviors which include physical aggression, elopement, property destruction, etc. The employee will use appropriate behavior intervention techniques with a consumer/student under such circumstances. Such responses require agility, quick reflexes, and the ability to use physically evasive movement. All services provided by Aultruism are high energy, interactive, and physical in nature. As such, the employee will be:
· Required to walk, sit, run, stoop, grasp, reach, bend at the waist, kneel, crouch, twist torso/spine, squat, and stand for extended periods of time.
· Write and type, at times, for extended periods of time.
· Exposed to normal office conditions and usual office equipment such as phone, computer, printers, copiers, files, etc.
· Required, at times, to independently and repeatedly lift, carry, move, transfer, push, block, position, and carry up to fifty-five (55) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include near, far, and field of vision.
Americans with Disabilities Act: Persons with certain disabilities may be capable of performing the duties of the class. Such determination must be made on an individual basis by a medical professional taking into consideration the nature of the disability, prosthetic aide, available accommodations and the duties of the position.