Okalee of Medina, a soon-to-open 82-unit senior living community opening Jan 2020, is seeking a dedicated Part-Time Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to join our team! In this role, you will be responsible for providing compassionate care to our residents.
This is Part-Time position working rotating weekends 4 hour shifts then paid on-call remainder of the weekend.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) responsibilities:
- Displays a courteous attitude and respect for all residents, families, and staff.
- Works to coordinate, oversee, and provide resident-related care.
- Administers medications and/or treatments in accordance with physician's orders and monitors for effectiveness/response.
- Manages medications, supplies, and equipment including ordering, receiving, storing, and disposing of all items in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Documents care using computerized medication administration and charting software.
- Notifies Clinical Manager, attending physicians, and family members of significant changes in a resident's condition, and takes follow up action as necessary.
- Assist with admissions and may travel office to complete admissions paperwork.
- Monitors nursing personnel on duty during the assigned shift.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) skills and requirements:
- Licensed and in good standing as a LPN in the state of Minnesota.
- Experience working with senior population, ideally in an Assisted Living facility, preferred.
- Sound clinical judgement
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Basic knowledge of computer hardware/software
- Must be flexible with scheduling and work rotating weekends.
- Paid Time Off (PTO), Holidays
- Free Parking
- Competitive wages with credit for experience
- Retirement with employer match
- Tuition Discount Opportunities
- Work with an amazing team with decades of experience
Okalee of Medina, just off Hwy 55, is set to open on Jan. 6, 2020 and will be dedicated to the well-being of both its residents and staff. This community is designed with transitions in mind, offering a range of services and living options all under one roof.
Cassia, an affiliation between Augustana Care and Elim Care, is a Christian mission organization with over 200 years of combined experience caring for those in need. We strive to inspire residents to live the lives that are most fulfilling to them. We take pride in the longevity of our management team and invite you to apply to learn more!
Augustana Care is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran