Cloud Engineer (Full Scope Polygraph Required)
- Expired: April 10, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
NOTE: A TS/SCI with FULL SCOPE POLYGRAPH IS REQUIRED FOR THIS ROLE
Who we are...
August Schell offers 30 years of experience in providing our customers innovative solutions and engineering services to their most challenging needs. We thrive on navigating complex IT difficulties and are driven to find the best solutions for our customers. Our team delivers expert knowledge in cyber security, big data, endpoint security and cloud solutions. Our ability to serve our customers with continued excellence is a direct reflection of our dedicated and exceptional people. At August Schell, we are not only a team, we are a family.
What we are looking for...
We are seeking a candidate who is ready to join our mission of supporting our customer as they spearhead the implementation and deployment of cloud technology in conjunction with multiple hyper-scale cloud environments such as AWS, Azure and GCP. We are looking for skilled candidates who have strong Linux Administration and Scripting skills along with hands-on experience in IT Automation, Infrastructure as Code, and system integrations.
What you will do...
- Serve as a trusted advisor to our customer, helping them succeed in ever-changing hybrid/multi-cloud automation environments.
- Work directly with the customer across all levels and teams. Primarily interacting with Enterprise IT System Administrators, Cloud Architects, and DevSecOps teams.
- Be readily available to advise on customer challenges and provide valuable insight and recommendations to help in automation, governance, and yield cost-savings for their organization.
- Be the "go-to" cloud engineering resource for customer interactions that exceed standard systems engineering consulting.
- Collaborate with cloud experts and assist in the successful integration of hybrid/multi-cloud environments.
- Stay up-to-date on private and public cloud technologies and standards.
- Use your critical thinking skills to tackle challenging problems.
- Must have an active TS/SCI with Full Scope Polygraph Security Clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related technical/work discipline.
- 5+ years of professional services experience.
- Comfortable working with highly distributed teams.
- Exceptional understanding Linux operating system.
- Python and/or BASH scripting experience (other relevant scripting experience may qualify).
- Experience writing scripts to automate IT tasks for provisioning, customization, etc.
- Ability to perform customer-facing activities in a fast-paced environment with short timeframes.
- Extended training and support in CloudBolt Software.
- Gain insightful knowledge and hands-on training in CloudBolt Software and how it works in conjunction with multiple hyper-scale cloud offerings (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.) to provision workloads, track usage statistics, manage users, and access cloud resources.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect certification
- Well versed in public cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and/or Google Cloud Platform.
- Hypervisor expertise in either VMware, Nutanix, or OpenStack.
- Networking expertise: Basic knowledge of TCP/IP networking fundamentals (inc. Switching, Routing), Firewalls, Load Balancers, Cloud-based Virtual Networks, IPAM, etc.
- Identity Management: Active Directory, SAML2, and LDAP.
- Microsoft Windows experience.
All are welcome...
August Schell Enterprises is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that diversity, inclusion, and recognizing that our employees' unique differences, perspectives, and ideals are the backbone of our organization's success. We welcome all persons and the talent they have to offer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.
Get fresh Cloud Engineer (Full Scope Polygraph Required) jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.