Position: Plant Manager
Location: Elkridge, MD
Hours: 7AM-3:30PM Monday-Friday
Job Overview of Plant Manager:
- Lead 5 direct reports and manage tasks and efficiencies of an 80+ diverse manufacturing team.
- Ensure customer orders are completed on time and with the highest quality standards.
- Oversee all aspects of P&L, production, quality, customer service, human resources, shipping and receiving staff to meet goals as well as customer quality and delivery requirements.
- Organize and direct workflow to satisfy production requirements in a cost-efficient manner.
- Create an environment where employee input is sought after and acted upon, ensures the safety of the employee as well as the quality and delivery of the customer. Analyze issues and work with the management team to develop and implement solutions.
- Develop and coach staff & associates to ensure the necessary capabilities and culture to maintain an effective operation.
- Perform capacity planning to ensure effective equipment and labor utilization.
- Maintain proper employment levels through selecting, interviewing, and training of personnel.
- Actively participate in cost and inventory reduction initiatives; improve efficiency and capacity through capital expenditure improvements in process and procedure, and as well as formal and informal continuous improvement activities.
- In conjunction with senior group management, establish and manage activities to meet short and long term plant goals.
- Liaise with the product line manager on planning and predicting customer orders to satisfy shipments and maintain stellar customer relationships.
- Recognize customer commitment and drive activity for continued quality improvement.
- Model Company’s Core Values: Sense of Urgency, Teamwork, Innovation, Integrity, and Continuous Improvement.
- Participate on special teams & support initiatives as required.
- Create a high-performance culture where accountability and delivering on commitments is pushed through the organization and where individuals are encouraged to stretch their capabilities.
- Set production goals and standards for the production team and individual team members.
- Troubleshoot and communicate any issues that arise that may affect the production schedule or quality to senior management.
- Continuously evaluate and modify the production line and personnel assignments to ensure the most efficient work flow and production schedule.
- Create and sustain a continuous improvement culture.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (preferred) or Business or a related discipline and 7+ years of progressive responsibility & experience in manufacturing
- 5+ years in leadership or production management experience.
- Experience working in an IATF 16949 and ISO-14001 certified workplace preferred.
- Knowledge of ISO9001 Quality Management Systems and AS9100
- Familiar with electromechanical best manufacturing and troubleshooting practices.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings and schematics.
- Experience training and leading manufacturing personnel.
- Excellent computer skills and experience working with material management systems.
- Proven ability to multi-task and handle multiple priorities.
- Ability to work in a fast paced rapidly changing environment