Facility Service Attendant
General Summary: This position maintains and cleans designated areas within the Park and Zoo grounds, buildings and restrooms to ensure that each guest receives the proper Audubon Experience during each and every visit.
To deliver on the Audubon mission, the Facility Services Attendant will:
Provide a guest experience of outstanding quality
• Reports all maintenance and service needs to supervisor in a timely manner to insure safe operations.
• Follows the informal and formal departmental standards, policies/procedures and goals to promote service excellence.
• Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
• Vacuums carpets, sweeps and mops floors, cleans glass windows, dusts and polishes furniture, woodwork and fixtures of all assigned cleaning areas, buildings or rooms.
• Cleans and maintains public restrooms. Completes restroom checklist upon each cleaning.
• Empties trash cans in buildings, restrooms and walkways.
• Completes all assigned Work Requests in a timely manner.
• Takes initiative to report areas of concern and follows proper channels to effectively remedy problems.
• Performs duties effectively without constant supervision.
• Performs various other job duties as needed and directed by Facility Services Attendant Supervisor and/or Director of Facilities.
• Willingness to attend golf cart operation, blood borne pathogens, pressure washer operation training, as well as any other training deemed relevant and necessary by Director of Facilities.
• Must adhere to all regulations regarding animal safety and care.
The above listed duties are general statements of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. They do not exclude other duties as assigned.
To deliver on the Audubon service promise, the Facility Services Attendant will:
• Make eye contact with every customer encounter, smile at every person, offer friendly phrases and greetings.
• Wear identification badge.
• Walk individual to destination instead of pointing; offer assistance to people who look confused.
• Assume ownership of potential safety hazards (wipe-up spill, pick up trash). Always have the camera-ready look.
• Maintain positive attitude, pleasant tone of voice (remember it is not what you say, but how you say it).
• Co workers are to be coached on service expectations.
• Utilize the power of teamwork to give excellent service.
• Know when to involve management.
• Know the answers to questions or seek out the answers.
• Use proper radio etiquette.
• Ensure work area is free of food, drink, socialization, and personal business.
• Follow Dress Code Policy on clothing and grooming.
• Keep unpleasant concerns behind closed doors (vent backstage).
One year facility service attendant experience preferred.
• High school diploma or equivalent and valid Louisiana driver’s license.
• Must be able to exert up to 50 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. May involve sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
• Sitting or standing, bending, stooping, and the ability to carry items weighing up to 50 pounds.
• Constant adequate range of motion and mobility required.
• Regular near acuity with clarity of vision at 20 inches or less required.
• Typical ability to collect and analyze numerical and written data and verbal information to reach logical conclusions and ability to determine the time, place and sequence of operations or actions required.
• Regular talking and the ability to express and exchange ideas by means of language expected.
• Regular hearing and the ability to perceive the nature of sounds.
• Constant ability to read, record, or type data quickly and accurately required.
• Working long hours between breaks or meals required.
• Ability to work under and handle stress in an appropriate manner required.
• May be exposed to high, medium, or low noise intensity.
• Constant contact with co-workers required.
• Affinity for animals preferred.
• Exposure to fluctuations in temperatures may be required.
• Exposure to outdoor conditions may be required.
• Ability to work flexible hours, overtime, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Audubon InstituteNew Orleans, LA
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.