HR Coordinator/ Recruiting Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Human Resource Coordinator aids and facilitates the human resource and recruiting processes. This
role administers employee health and welfare plans and acts as liaison between employees and
insurance providers. This position resolves benefits-related problems and ensures effective use of plans
and positive employee relations. The Human Resource Coordinator makes that certain plans are
administered in accordance with federal and state regulations and that plan provisions are followed.
This role provides administrative support to the human resource function as needed, including
employee recruiting, record-keeping, file maintenance and HRIS entry.
- Prepares employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; and counseling employees and supervisors.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements, conducting investigations, maintaining records, and representing the organization at hearings.
- Enforces management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies &procedures.
- Administers health and welfare plans, including enrollments, changes and terminations.
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
- Completes Forms I-9, verifies I-9 documentation and maintains I-9 files.
- Maintains and ensures compliance with applicable equal employment opportunity (EEO) and related employment laws and regulations.
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Assists with processing of terminations.
- Assists with the preparation of the performance review process.
- Makes photocopies; mails, scans and emails documents; and performs other clerical functions.
- Files documents into appropriate employee files.
- Assists or prepares correspondence as requested
- Prepares new-employee files.
- Supports organization staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; and recommending changes.
- Consults with company to understand the requirements, duties, and qualifications desired for the specified vacant position(s).
- Consults data and records to identify and select potential candidates for vacant positions.
- Responsible for company recruitment and interview process. Tracks status of candidates and responds with follow-up letters at the end of the recruiting process.
- Screens candidates, selects qualified and interested candidates for the interviewing phase, and then connects viable candidates with clients or hiring managers.
- Submits online investigation requests and assists with new-employee background checks.
- Checks candidates’ references and credentials, verifying experience and backgrounds.
- Counsels’ candidates on the interview and hiring process.
- Organizes and attends job fairs, campus events, and other networking opportunities.
- Follows up with clients or hiring managers after the interview process to determine whether a placement can be made; collects feedback when placement is unsuccessful.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Working understanding of human resource principles, practices and procedures.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in human resources or related field and/or equivalent experience.
- At least two years related experience required.
- SHRM-CP credential a plus.
Audio Visual Associates
1 Stewart Court Denville NJ 07834Denville, NJ
Get fresh Recruiting HR jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.