Audio Enhancement is a market leading education company, creating innovative technology products to help the education market. We are continuously looking to both improve our current product line and innovate new products for the future. We consistently lead the market in both hardware and software development for classroom technology products, and campus wide communications systems. With 40 years of experience providing classroom audio, and other tools of success for educators and students, we’re passionate about helping students learn. Audio Enhancement is headquartered in West Jordan, Utah, and conducts business across the United States, with satellite offices in Orlando FL, as well as other strategic locations nationwide.
We are currently seeking an Electronics Engineer.
Job Description: We are seeking qualified candidates who are interested in coming into an innovative and fast-moving company, that are interested in building a career and developing a department that will create success in the short and long term. We need an Electronics Engineer to work under the direction of our Sr. Vice President over Innovations to design and innovate new and exciting products, and to maintain our current lineup of products.
In this role, you will collaborate with others, both inside the Innovations Department, and outside the department to help determine the next generation of products. Additionally, you will help create the vision and build this role within the company. You will create models and prototypes as well as handle calculations and documentation required for manufacturing. You will oversee testing and quality assurance on all products to ensure they integrate with the larger systems and operate as planned. You will also be responsible for ensuring that electronics meet the highest standards of safety for our customers.
Duties would include:
- Analyze the needs of external and internal customers to determine system requirements and the cost of developing electronic system plans.
- Participate in the idea generation process and contribute to the future direction of product development.
- Conduct system evaluations and make appropriate recommendations to modify designs or repair equipment as needed.
- Identify and recommend system improvements to improve technical performance.
- Design audio systems electronics’ (Amplifiers, DSP’s, Mixers, etc.) including both the electronics and firmware components.
- Create and execute schematic diagrams for new products.
- Review current products for possible points of improvement or production cost savings.
- Work with our contract manufacturing partners to produce the necessary production files so that they can build products.
- Define and execute testing and maintenance procedures for all products and components.
- Inspect electronics to ensure compliance with all applicable regulations and safety standards.
Successful candidates should possess the following:
- Successful completion of degree from ABET-accredited engineering program.
- Achievement of a passing score on the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam.
- Ability to achieve a passing score on the Professional Engineering (PE) exam.
- Two or more years of relevant work experience preferred.
- Previous experience designing and implementing audio systems including wireless microphones, amplifiers, mixers, DSP audio processing etc. will be viewed very favorably.
- Previous experience in both electronic design with Firmware Software integration, DSP or micro-processor design will be viewed very favorably.
- Ability to collaborate with other departments to ensure understanding of project specifications and business needs.
- Capable of applying knowledge to troubleshoot and propose solutions for electronics-related issues.
Salary is negotiable depending on skill and experience. Benefits include outstanding work environment, opportunities for growth, medical, dental and vision insurance, PTO and matching 401(k).