SVP, Finance & Administration
Auction Edge Franklin, TN
- Posted: June 17, 2021
Unfortunately at this time, Auction Edge is not able to provide Visa sponsorship.
Auction Edge is the automotive remarketing industry's leading provider of technology and services to independent auctions, dealers, and corporate remarketers. With 230 independent auction customers and millions of cars processed per year, Auction Edge is uniquely positioned to serve the competitive needs of the independent auction community. To learn more, visit www.auctionedge.com.
We are seeking an SVP, Finance & Administration for our Franklin, TN office. The ideal candidate will lead and direct the organization's financial planning, human resources, accounting practices as well as its relationship with lending institutions, shareholders, and the financial community by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate managers. Provides the leadership, management, and vision necessary to ensure that the company has the proper talent, operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department to ensure the department's goals and objectives are achieved.
- Establish and maintain departmental systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data.
- Establishes major economic objectives and policies for the company.
- Approves and signs documents affecting monetary transactions.
- Directs the activities concerned with safekeeping, control, and accounting for assets and securities.
- Assist, as required, in raising additional capital at appropriate valuations to enable the Company to meet sales, growth, and market share objectives.
- Responsible for driving the company to achieve and surpass sales, profitability, cash flow, and business goals and objectives.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with banks, outside accounting firms, legal council, insurance and benefit brokers.
- Establishes a line of credit.
- Oversee corporate insurance policies as well as renewal process.
- Establishes or recommends to management corporate financial strategies and policies for the company.
- Prepare and guide the budget / forecasting / planning process.
- Manage corporate administration (Cap table, valuations, stock agreements, etc.).
- Develops, directs the preparation of reports that outline the company's financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and future operations for guidance of management.
- Reviews analyses of activities, costs, operations, and forecast data to determine department or division progress toward stated goals and objectives.
- Prepares Board reports, financial operating models and forecasting.
Administration / Operations
- Provide day-to-day leadership and management that mirrors the adopted mission and core values of the company.
- Responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of all processes internal and external. Provides timely, accurate, and complete reports on the operating condition of the company.
- Spearhead the development, communication, and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes.
- Plans and directs new procedures, policies, and programs to obtain optimum efficiency and reduced costs.
- Collaborate with the management team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of our organization.
- Confers with the CEO and other personnel to review achievements and discuss required changes in goals or objectives resulting from current status and conditions.
- Serves as a member of management committees on special studies.
- Develops, recommends, evaluates, and obtains approval of all major corporate personnel and operational plans and programs.
- Manage corporate administration (Cap table, valuations, stock agreements, etc.)
- Ensure Edge is compliant with State registrations.
- Oversee contract administration.
- Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within the company.
- Responsible for all Human Resource duties.
- Work closely with HR, developing policies and monitoring day-to-day activities.
- Guides the development of innovative compensation and benefits programs and provides cost control of this element.
- Participation in 401(k) quarterly fiduciary meetings.
- Oversee procurement of items used for internal use as well as items purchased and resold to customers.
- Manage vendor relationships tied to accounting, procurement, and administration
- CPA / Tax firm
- Recommends changes and ideas to top management or Board of Directors in regard to policies and programs.
- Represent the firm with clients, investors, and business partners.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 10+ years' prior experience in a similar role.
- Tech industry experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university required.
- CPA or CMA preferred.
- Experience with employees, operations and customers in multi-state.
- Demonstrated ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals and technical procedures.
- Ability to write and present reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with the board of directors, senior management, third party affiliates and the internal team.
- Superior management skills; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers.
- Excellent judgement and creative problem solving skills.
- Experience with Google and Microsoft Office suite of products preferred.
- Proficiency with email required.
- Proven track record of success facilitating progressive organizational change and development within a growing organization.
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical initiatives.
People Management Responsibilities
- This position supervises members of the accounting department and Human Resource department.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is in a standard office environment with desktop business equipment and frequent telephone calls. The noise level is moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, this individual is regularly required to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time. He/She will have to constantly operate a computer and other office productivity machinery. He/She must be able to work in close contact with small and large groups. Frequent hearing and talking is required. Extensive keyboard typing is required.
Relocation assistance is not offered.
Auction Edge offers competitive pay, excellent benefits, a culture of continuous improvement and opportunity for career advancement through continued company growth.
Auction Edge is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and supports diversity in the workplace.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Auction Edge