Auction Edge Franklin, TN
- Posted: June 17, 2021
Unfortunately at this time, Auction Edge is not able to provide Visa sponsorship.
Auction Edge is the automotive remarketing industry's leading provider of technology and services to independent auctions, dealers, and corporate remarketers. With 230 independent auction customers and millions of cars processed per year, Auction Edge is uniquely positioned to serve the competitive needs of the independent auction community. To learn more, visit www.auctionedge.com.
We are currently seeking a Controller to join our team in Franklin, TN. The ideal incumbent will oversee the accounting operation of an organization, including the design of the accounting structure and maintenance of accounting principles, practices, and procedures. Directs the financial activities of the organization by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department to ensure the department's goals and objectives are achieved.
- Manages accounting operations including billing, A/R, A/P, GL, payroll, procurement, inventory and revenue recognition.
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Establish and maintain departmental systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data.
- Prepares and maintains bank reconciliations and debt schedules.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Oversee all accounts ledgers and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards.
- Review monthly accounting close including analytical review of the monthly operating results to ensure accurate accounting records are maintained.
- Prepares reports which summarize the company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past and present operations.
- Provides management with timely reviews of organization's financial status and progress within its various divisions and departments.
- Supports the SVP of Finance in Board reporting, financial operating models and forecasting.
- Oversees cash disbursement activities to ensure the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, purchase orders, employee expense reports, payroll processing (multi-state) and corporate payroll tax compliance.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with banks, insurance and benefit brokers.
- Administer corporate loans.
- Lead the Company's efforts to understand all applicable tax jurisdictions and file appropriate Company multi-state income/franchise tax returns via outside CPA firm.
- Manages the invoicing, collection and reporting of state sales and use tax (multi-state sales tax and compliance).
- Oversee corporate insurance policies as well as renewal process.
- Ensure Edge is compliant with State registrations.
- Responsible for preparation and submission of semi-monthly payroll in multi-states. Including reporting hours, deductions, PTO, regular and floating holidays.
- Manages Time Keeping software for non-exempt staff. Trains non-exempt employees and their supervisors on software.
- Manage vendor relationships tied to accounting, procurement, and administration
- Tax / CPA firm
- Oversee procurement of items used for internal use as well as items purchased and resold to customers.
- Manage inventory processes, ensuring accuracy and regular reporting.
- Respond to SVP Finance as assigned with accurate and timely work to facilitate financial needs.
- Work with key individuals to ensure completeness of data as well as data integrity in the CRM.
- Participation in 401(k) quarterly fiduciary meetings.
- Work closely with HR, developing policies and monitoring day-to-day activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5 - 10 years related experience and/or training as a Controller.
- CPA or CMA required.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university.
- Thorough understanding and practical experience with GAAP financial standards (FASB and IASB).
- Previous work with a high growth, SaaS software company with an understanding of SaaS revenue accounting rules ASC 606 and IFRS 15 preferred.
- Proven payroll experience across multi-state with a focus on streamlining accounting processes
- Working knowledge of federal, state and local tax compliance regulations and reporting
- Experience with Google and Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Proficiency with email required.
- Experience with accounting software required (NetSuite experience preferred).
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with internal team and vendors
- Ability to work weekends and evenings as needed for deadlines
People Management Responsibilities
- This position supervises members of the accounting department.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is in a standard office environment with desktop business equipment and frequent telephone calls. The noise level is moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time. The employee will have to constantly operate a computer and other office productivity machinery. Employee must be able to work in close contact with small and large groups. Frequent hearing and talking is required. Extensive keyboard typing is required.
Relocation assistance is not offered.
Auction Edge offers competitive pay, excellent benefits, a culture of continuous improvement and opportunity for career advancement through continued company growth.
Auction Edge is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and supports diversity in the workplace.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Auction Edge