IBMi Infrastructure Support Engineer
Auction Edge is the automotive remarketing industry's leading provider of technology and services to independent auctions, dealers, and corporate remarketers. With 230 independent auction customers and millions of cars processed a year, Auction Edge is uniquely positioned to serve the competitive needs of the independent auction community. For more, visit www.auctionedge.com .
We are currently seeking an IBM i Infrastructure Support Engineer to join our team as a hybrid employee in our Franklin, TN office. This position will bolster the IBM i Infrastructure Support Team's (3iST) mission of continuously improving:
- the level of support to our 100+ IBM i users,
- the cyber threat hardening of the IBM servers and peripherals,
- the compliance with regulatory mandates,
- the site reliability of the IBM i infrastructure at our auction customers, and the internal processes, system management tools, and automation employed by 3iST in performing their daily duties.
- Number one daily priority is working customer support tickets.
- Monitoring our various system tools and preemptively remediating system issues, application issues (job, subsystem), security breaches, performance, connectivity, etc. and whatever is needed to ensure high site reliability at all times.
- Design, implement and audit system management policies. Perform tool customizations and automation optimizations changes to ensure our system management tools and procedures adhere to the policies. Also ensure the tools are set for optimum automation and dependable operation.
- Regularly audit the cyber protection tools for proper system access rules and continuous operation to guarantee 24x7 protection.
- Building, preparing and shipping new or replacement (box swap) IBM Power servers & peripherals (Console/HMC, VTL, SAN, NAS, etc) and preloading them with the Auction Management System (AMS) software, that Auction Edge develops and sells, as well as all other required 3rd party software packages.
- Assist the end users with the hardware installation and coordinate hardware repairs with the service providers (IBM, others).
- Design, setup and configure LPAR's, HMC, VIOS, VTL, SAN, VTL replication, SAN global mirroring and Backup automation tools
- Ensure customers always have active HW/SW support. Monitor IBM and vendor end-of-support announcements and configure, quote and order up to date replacement equipment and/or software versions.
- Install OS and software/firmware upgrades, fix packs, etc. for all components managed by 3iST in line with compliance requirements.
- Performing typical system engineering tasks, such as project management, system design, process documentation, review and improve current processes, assist with internal and external (our customers) compliance reports and audits, onboard new customers, HA/DR design, develop and maintain best practices documents, newsletters, coordination, cross team communication, etc.
- Work directly with the business to understand business requirements and strategic plans, translate them into functional and technical design documents.
- Conduct incident reviews, pre- and post-change reviews, perform causal analysis at regular intervals, etc. to pre-emptively prevent system/application outages.
- Suggest improvements to leadership and programmers to reduce performance impact, error messages, run-away joblogs, disk space hygiene, etc.
- Work on production support; handle critical situations and resolution of tickets raised by business users, meet our service/support SLA's
- Provide cross-training for the 3iST and other development teams
- Communicates clearly, concisely and accurately with cross-functional team members to meet organizational goals.
- Other duties as assigned
- 5 years of hands-on operational and support experience of IBM i Infrastructures, cyber hardening, and systems management tools.
- Knowledge of IBM i architecture, security, file systems (Library, IFS, DLO, Optical), backup/recovery, installation/upgrade/PTF, work management, SST/DST, performance, and advanced technologies.
- Knowledge and experience with troubleshooting and diagnostic techniques of all sub components and levels of the typical IBM i server and peripherals.
- Strong ad hoc SQL skills as an analysis, troubleshooting, diagnostic, and automation tool.
- Strong CL skills, including CL programming and custom commands.
- Design and develop technical solutions that are supportable, secure, robust, performant, and scalable
- Understand engineering costs across all aspects of system operations, including: implementation and support effort, scalability, complexity, run-time cost, maintainability, and available vendor support and cost.
- Measure, find, fix and plan for performance and capacity issues
- Ability to travel as needed between offices and data centers.
- Knowledge of T.L. Ashford Barcode software, ACOM forms and windows based software
- Familiar with MDCMS or other change management software
- Computer Science degree
- Knowledge of auto auction industry
- Networking basics for connectivity for the IBM i from firewalls and switches
Auction Edge Benefits
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance coverage
- 401k Retirement Plan
- 20 days of accrued PTO as well as 12 Flex Days per year (one three-day weekend per month)
- 8 paid holidays, 2 floating holidays, and 1 paid volunteer day per year
- Up to $100 Monthly Wellbeing Reimbursement Program (gym membership, personal training, massage therapy, therapy apps, and many other options)
- Education Reimbursement Program up to $4,000 per 12-month period
- Focus Fridays
Relocation reimbursement (up to $10,000) offered for candidates relocating anywhere within 60 miles of our Franklin, TN office
Auction Edge offers competitive pay, excellent benefits, a culture of continuous improvement and opportunity for career advancement through continued company growth.
Auction Edge is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and supports diversity in the workplace.
Auction Edge IncFranklin, TN
Get fresh IBMi Infrastructure Support Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.