- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Auction Edge is the automotive remarketing industry’s leading provider of technology and services to independent auctions, dealers, and corporate remarketers. With 230 independent auction customers and millions of cars processed a year, Auction Edge is uniquely positioned to serve the competitive needs of the independent auction community. We currently have offices located in Franklin, TN, Pensacola, FL, and Statesville, NC. For more, visit www.auctionedge.com.
We are currently seeking a Data Engineer to join our team in Franklin, TN or as a full-time remote employee to work in several aspects of our Cloud Data ecosystem. This position will design, build, document and maintain data pipelines stretching from multiple on-premise databases to multi-tenant, cloud-based data stores, including operational data stores and data warehouses. In addition we are seeking someone that could design, build, document and maintain “predictive models” for a variety of applications. The ideal candidate will have experience as a programmer, sql, schema design and techniques to create predictive models. Company values broad technical experience along with excellent communication skills, written and oral.
- Develop reliable and performant programs that migrate data collected in near-realtime from on-premise systems to a centralized cloud based data store.
- Develop reliable and performant programs that predict future behaviors, such as buyer behavior, based on past behavior. Accuracy of models versus cost to run are key.
- Monitor and maintain multiple data pipelines reaching from on-premise sites to the cloud.
- Maintain and enhance documentation on both on-premise and cloud-hosted data stores.
- Maintain and develop standards for how data is coded and described both in source systems as well as how it's transformed as it's stored in the target system.
- Ensure the security of critical data.
- Understand data schemas for multiple on-premise, line-of-business applications as well as multi-tenant, cloud-hosted data stores
- 3+ years of database development experience; data architecture work such as developing databases, creating tables and sorting
- Experience creating entity relationships
- Excellent knowledge of SQL
- Advanced ability to perform exploratory data analysis.
- Exceptional technical writing skills
- Ability to communicate complex data in a simple and actionable way.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent skills in high performance query optimization.
- Ability to work independently and with team members from different backgrounds
- Excellent attention to detail
- 1+ years of experience with ETL tools such as Talend, Informatica, Clover, Pentaho, etc.
- 1+ years experience as a database administrator / system administrator a plus
- Experience with systems with high levels of concurrent transactions preferred
- Experience with source control systems such as Subversion or Git
- Experience with ElasticSearch / OpenSearch is a big plus
- 2+ years of experience with PostgreSQL or Oracle
- Excellent knowledge of plpgsql
- Knowledge of test driven database development preferred
- Experience with continuous integration / deployment
- Knowledge of Database statistics when / where / why
- Knowledge of Database architecture
- Experience with AWS cloud environment
- RDS, Aurora, Lambda, DynamoDB etc.
- 1+ years of experience working with, developing, administering a data warehouse
Auction Edge Benefits
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance coverage
- 401k Retirement Plan
- 20 days of accrued PTO as well as 12 Flex Days per year (one three-day weekend per month)
- 8 paid holidays, 2 floating holidays, and 1 paid volunteer day per year
- Up to $100 Monthly Wellbeing Reimbursement Program (gym membership, personal training, massage therapy, therapy apps, and many other options)
- Education Reimbursement Program up to $4,000 per 12-month period
- Focus Fridays
Relocation assistance is not offered.
Auction Edge offers competitive pay, excellent benefits, a culture of continuous improvement and opportunity for career advancement through continued company growth.
Auction Edge is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and supports diversity in the workplace.Requirements:
Auction Edge Inc
450 Alaskan S WaySeattle, WA
Get fresh Automotive Engineering Technology jobs daily straight to your inbox!