This position is part-time 3 days/wk, 9 AM - 4 PM (with some flexibility) and the possibility for growth.
- Creating purchase orders and managing the end-to-end order cycle.
- Developing and maintaining long-term vendor/ supplier relationships to ensure strong alignment, identify trends proactively and to consistently keep lines of communication open.
- Maintaining and monitoring optimum inventory levels
- Control purchasing and supply chain related department budgets
- Fully utilizing key inventory metrics to make data-driven decisions
- Working cross-functionally with warehouse, production, accounting, operations, sales, and leadership partners on all matters related to effective purchasing and inventory management Managing domestic and international freight - inbound and outbound
Required skills and experience:
- One two years purchasing experience preferred
- Knowledge in food and beverage field desired but willing to train highly motivated individual Broad operational understanding of supply chain management and purchasing
- Proven data-driven decision-making skills
- Strong time management skills with attention to detail and ability to keep excellent records.
- Excellent understanding and proven execution of purchasing processes, contracts, and long term planning.
- Advanced-level Excel user (pivot tables, cell merging, v-lookup, formulas, etc.)
- Proficient in Microsoft products Outlook, Word, OneDrive
- Excellent verbal, writing, reading and interpersonal skills
- Team player, forthright, shares information, willing to help solve problems
- Ability to identify problems, review pertinent information, evaluate options, and present practical solutions
- Offshore procurement experience desired but but not required
Auburn Supply Group
Why Work Here?Auburn Supply Group is a leader in the sustainable supply industry whose products are designed to meet the needs of businesses, facilities, events and festivals both locally and nationwide. We work diligently to ensure our product offerings demonstrate the highest quality, compostable, eco-friendly options on the market and pride ourselves on the education and services that we provide that are geared to help individuals and communities meet their sustainability goals. If you are excited to be part of a company whose mission is dedicated to creating a healthier planet, Auburn Supply Group is a great place to feel good about the work you do and to make a difference.
As a team of passionate people, our goal is to improve the state of our surroundings offering eco-friendly facility supplies to businesses.