ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned, some duties may be re-assignable based on available resources.
· Plan, document and implement a Master Three-Phase Quality Control Plan that provides the necessary components, forms, control activities, design and any other items necessary to manage and construct a facility that will exceed the owner’s expectations.
· Prior to the start of construction, meet with the owner or authorized representative to discuss the details of the QC Plan’s components, forms, control activities, testing and any other items to ensure a complete and mutual understanding of the QC plan and procedures.
· Expected to be an active participant in the design quality control process, and review design submissions prior to them being submitted to the owner.
· Prepare daily QC reports
· Prepare, submit and track RFI’s
· Create and maintain the submittal registry
· Have detailed knowledge of all contract requirements, drawings, specifications and applicable codes.
· Monitor, review, approve and submit to the owner all material and equipment submittals
· Establish levels of workmanship, resolve differences, and prevent unplanned utility and service disruption
· Monitor environmental protections
· Review safety and hazard plans
· Ensure the timely submission of all documentation
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering or Commercial Building Inspection with the International Code Council Certification a must.
· Requires 5-10 years of Quality Control experience in the Federal Government contracting.
· Corps of Engineers Quality Control Management experience preferred
· Construction Quality Manager for Contractors Course – US Army Corps of Engineers
· Army Corps of Engineer’s Quality Control System (QCS)
· Army Corps of Engineer’s RMS system