The Project Manager will meet client needs and achieve project profitability by representing Atwell in all communications with client, communicating with Atwell management, and assembling and managing Atwell project teams and progresses. In this role, an employee will be expected to develop and demonstrate proficiency in regards to the essential functions of the job found below.
Collaborating with Vice President to establish an annual Business Plan.
Ensure contractual relationship with client:
- Negotiate and obtain signed contract prior to commencing work.
- Invoice work and collect A/R in accordance with contract.
Promote internal communication by sharing information and encouraging dialogue within project teams, across market sectors, and throughout the organization.
Develop future business:
- Provide marketing support and presentations.
- Follow up on outstanding proposals.
- Proactively build and maintain relationships with current and future clients.
Maintain project inputs in Vision:
- Opportunities and proposals.
- Contract amendments.
Ensure product quality and Atwell reputation:
- Follow Atwell Product Quality Manual and established standards.
Maintain professional and technical knowledge:
- Attend educational workshops.
- Review professional and market segment publications.
- Establish personal networks.
- Participate in applicable professional societies and trade associations.
Achieve performance objectives:
- Meet or exceed designated chargeability, invoicing ratio, individual revenue goals, % Accounts Receivable >60 days, work-in-process, write-offs, hours worked, dollar value of proposals written, and business development hours.
Ability to independently apply fundamental engineering, environmental, land planning, and survey concepts.
Assist with organizing the project team:
- Assemble and direct team members.
- Coach, counsel, and mentor team members.
- Assign responsibilities.
- Forecast workload shortages and overages.
- Negotiate and contract with approved sub-consultants.
Help with determining project status:
- Collect, analyze, and summarize information and trends.
- Intervene, as needed, to assure project objectives.
Help to achieve financial objectives:
- Maintain project budget and schedule.
- Approve expenditures.
- Analyze variances (e.g., scope creep).
- Negotiate changes in scope/contract.
- Invoice and collect payment per contract terms.
- Initiate corrective actions.
- Report results to management
- Assist with determining timeframes, budgets, staffing, and project schedule.
- Contribute to team effort
Accomplish team-driven results as needed.
Excellent communication skills; oral & written as well as listening skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Land Planning, or industry equivalent.
- Licensed Professional Engineer
- Ten (10) plus years of experience in Civil Engineering, Land Planning, or related field.
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3DExperience in dealing with private land development deadlines and expectations.
- Knowledge of designing residential and commercial land development projects.
- Knowledge of local construction market and contacts.
- Experience utilizing Vision as a project management tool.