If you’re interested in working with an early stage technology company, ventured back by the same investors as Amazon, Facebook, and LinkedIn, we’d love to hear from you! Our client is building a distributed data infrastructure which connects customers to brands through meaningful and captive customer experiences. We’re seeking a Sr. Database Engineer who can load and unload data within Hadoop and provide meaningful insight and data optimization of unstructured customer data.
● Work with Customer Solutions Engineers and Engagement Managers to develop, optimize, and deliver client databases using customer’s powerful database generation and segmentation tools
● Review, optimize, and improve existing SQL queries and advise CSEs and EMs on how to streamline them.
● Advise the CSE and Product teams about how our platform and tools can be optimized and improved.
● Own the performance and scalability of DB creation and SQL creation within the customer’s platform.
● Partner with the CSE and EM teams to prioritize, scope, and coordinate their use of your time.
● Understand and provide feedback on customer requirements.
● Implement production-grade marketer-friendly databases and queries that enable highly-visible, and highly-valuable, customer use cases to non-technical end-users.
● Minimum 2 years’ experience with Hadoop, Apache Spark, HDFS or NoSQL databases and relational databases
● A wide breadth of technical knowledge, with an eagerness to learn and use new technologies
● A creative, versatile approach to solving problems with technology - the variety of problems you face will rarely have a well-defined, obvious solution