Nature Preschool Lead Teacher
- Posted: February 03, 2023
- $21 Hourly
Nature Preschool Lead Teacher
Start Date: May 2023
The Nature Preschool program will run from September through June. During July and August, this position will then assume responsibility for our Preschool and Kindergarten program at our Finberg Summer Camp run at the Norton outdoor center.
The Nature Preschool Lead Teacher is responsible for assisting with the development and implementation of a nature preschool at our Norton Outdoor Center. This role will design developmentally appropriate multi-sensory, play and nature-based curriculum incorporating a variety of hands-on experiences. The lead teacher will be the primary contact for families in the class and will provide progress reports and parent-teacher conferences. Candidates must have a love of teaching young children and a strong desire to connect children with nature.
- Provide a physically and emotionally safe environment for young children both indoors and outdoors.
- Develop a positive relationship with each child and promote the development of self-esteem and self-discipline.
- Independently plan and implement all aspects of the nature-based curriculum. Curriculum should enhance the physical, social/emotional, and cognitive growth of young children.
- Observe, document, and assess the ongoing development of each child. Maintain records on each child’s progress and development.
- Understand early childhood development and manage reasonable expectations for young children.
- Engage parents and caregivers in conversation about children’s strengths and challenges through in person and written communication.
- Attend Nature Preschool Open Houses as well as other school and community events at the preschool.
- Contribute to a positive work environment by exhibiting pride, enthusiasm and cooperation in the job and with co-workers.
- Understand and comply with all requirements of the State of Massachusetts Mandated Reporter.
- Ensure all requests, comments or complaints are immediately addressed by self or referred to appropriate staff person and followed up.
- Ensure all YMCA policies and procedures are always followed.
- Model, practice and carry out the YMCA values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
- Attend all staff meetings and in-service provided.
- Assure all certificates and license requirements are current.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- MA EEC Lead Teacher certification or willing to attain.
- Interest and/or experience in nature-based, emergent, and anti-bias teaching in Early Childhood Education.
- Interest in the natural world and a willingness to work outdoors in all kinds of weather.
- Experience teaching young children.
- Demonstrate success in working as a member of a team.
- Effective and strong communication skills (oral and written).
- Must be CPR and First Aid certified or willing to attain.
- Must have knowledge and understand EEC Licensing Regulations.
- Demonstrate knowledge of YMCA Child Abuse Prevention guidelines.
- Comply with professional development requirements annually.
- Nature-Based Teacher Certification is a plus.
- Successful candidates must pass multiple background record checks (i.e. CORI/SORI/DCF and Fingerprinting).
· Health & Dental
· Paid Vacations
· Paid Holidays
· Paid Sick Time
· Free Family YMCA Membership and Program Discounts
· YMCA Retirement Plan
· 403b Tax Deferred Savings Plan
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $21.00 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Norton, MA 02766: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- CPR Certification (Preferred)
- Child Development Associate Certification (Preferred)
Attleboro Norton YMCA
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?