Mental Health Therapist
Attachment Healing Center Albuquerque, NM
- Posted: over a month ago
We are seeking like-minded clinicians, either recently graduated or seasoned who would like to work with the whole family system and help diminish the pain experienced by our youth. We provide ongoing training and support.
We offer free CEUs and supervision to our staff and the opportunity to make own schedules, preferably evenings and weekends.
AHC is and equal opportunity employer with opportunities for growth.
This position is responsible for counseling children and adolescents who have directly experienced trauma, violent environment or dysfunctional family dynamic.
- Provide therapeutic services for Behavioral Health clients
- May provide counseling life skills for both residential and non residential programs
- Coach parents in methods of non-violent discipline and positive parenting skills
- Facilitate therapeutic sessions with child/family
- May conduct Assessments
- Develop treatment plans
- Work with CYFD APS and Head Start
- Receive and participate in training on trauma and attachment in our Healing in Resonance model
- Use electronic databases to ensure case documentation is up-to-date and reflective of services provided
- Participate in weekly training and meetings
- Other job-related duties assigned
- Master's degree from an accredited institution
- Experience working as child counselor (preferred)
- License / Certification
KNOWLEDGES/ SKILLS/ ABILITIES
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Ability to work with individuals with different backgrounds
- Crisis intervention skills
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Computer Skills
This position requires successful of an initial post offer employment
Valid Driver's License.
CYFD background investigation
Finger Print check
Criminal Record Check
Must have own transportation
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS
State of New Mexico independent licensure as a Master's or Doctorate level mental health counselor, social worker, or psychologist is required. e.g. LPCC, LISW, LCSW, LMFT, Or
New Mexico State non-independent licensure as a Master's level mental health counselor, social worker, or psychologist is required, e.g. LMHC, LAMFT, LMSW.
Must have by date of hire and maintain current throughout employment
Attachment Healing CenterWhy Work Here?
We value individual personal work, willingness to learn, connections, community, progress, and relationships.
The Attachment Healing Center (AHC) is highly successful in treating and stabilizing youth with disorganized attachment. AHC is a committed group of clinicians who are constantly learning and growing having the ability to do therapy in the home and school if clinically indicated.
1025 Hermosa Drive SEAlbuquerque, NM
HealthcareView all jobs at Attachment Healing Center