Senior Application Developer
- Expired: July 15, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
What can you expect?
The Senior Web Developer role within the Marsh McLennan’s Technology group (MMC Tech) provides an opportunity to lead a team of technologists building out future state client facing solutions to power one of the world’s largest and most respected risk management and reinsurance firms. This team has a “start-up style” mandate (within a $1.3 billion company) to effectively create the next generation of platforms across the Guy Carpenter’s ecosystem. The senior technical resource is responsible for the technical design, coding, testing and debugging of a suite of software programs in addition to meeting project plan goals under limited guidance, perform code reviews, and identify potential performance bottlenecks and issues. The team collaborates within an agile development environment where planning, estimation, sprint and milestone planning is a must. At times, step in as a scrum master in order to remove blockers for individual team members and/or across other functional teams
What is in it for you?
- Work for a global company with excellent benefits and a dynamic culture
- Excellent growth/advancement opportunity
- Work collaboratively with successful colleagues who truly care about the work and each other while maintaining work life balance
- Flexible schedule within a remote friendly environment
- Technical lead with autonomy to make technical decisions
We will count on you to:
- Build applications utilizing a variety of databases, design patterns, languages, protocols, and tools
- Have expert knowledge of delivery using various data integration solutions including real time (synchronous and asynchronous) messaging
- Publish/Subscribe models, RESTful APIs, Microservices, Middleware, and related methodologies in a multi-user, multi-platform, multi-tier environment
- Work across teams as it relates to architecture design, infrastructure setup, debugging and deployment as well as work closely with the business and QA teams
- Work closely with various infrastructure and operational development teams in order to develop infrastructure components and create automated jobs for software deployment
- Work independently and across teams to design and develop technical modules and/or reusable internal frameworks
What you need to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Strong hands on experience developing Web Applications in using one of the following backend frameworks: Express, Next.js, or similar Node.js libraries
- Strong hands on experience in using and debugging Node.js
- Strong experience in troubleshooting Rest API endpoints and routing HTTP requests
- Strong experience in executing SQL or NoSQL commands using one of the following technologies MS SQL, Postgres, CosmosDB, MongoDB
- Experience in packaging and configuring a web modular bundler like Webpack, Browserify or Parcel
- Experience in DevOps specifically creating CI/CD pipelines (Azure preferred)
- Provide technical support to clients on existing problems escalated as appropriate
- Provide support through help desk; monitors trends and results from technical support calls to advise senior team members on performance of existing systems
- Experience in using Git, Linux and basic shell scripting
What makes you stand out:
- SDLC experience
- Technical resource advisor for other analysts and QA teams.
- Experience developing project plans and communicate software development plans
- Implementation – Phases with vendors
- Interface with teams
- Non-functional requirements such as performance
- Leadership role
- Hands-on – lead teams and be technical sound in the development process
- Contract management and placement
- Daily Expectations: Involved in direction, GCTI side, leadership role. Vendor providing best practices. Diving into the code but not necessarily writing it, in the beginning. 50/50
What are the applications to be supported?
- Next generation – Client portal
What are the top three MUST HAVE skill sets (technical) that are required?
- Database backend
- Diphase API front end
Soft Skill requirements (team fit/personality requirements)
- Communication – concise and clear messaging
- Listen – able to listen and understand colleagues
- Tough Skin – High profile initiatives
TechnologyView all jobs at Atruz Solutions