Constructs, builds, repairs, and inspects Hybrid Fiber Coax (HFC) networks to provide voice, video, and data to residential and commercial customers. Coordinates with other utilities for permits, joint trench, pole applications, and service issues.
- Performs field engineering of proposed projects and ensures alternative routing delivers the most cost effective design for construction.
- Coordinates all customer implementation activities including site walk-throughs, node placements and subcontract labor.
- Coordinates contractor work, coordinate and/or obtains permits, access, or ROW agreements where applicable, distributes design prints and other necessary working documents. Negotiates and approves design or construction changes.
- Researches and reviews plans, gathers necessary data and listing material requirements for project.
- Coordinates with public works personnel, developers, commercial customers, building owners, and utilities on joint trench projects.
- Maintains workflow databases and updates schedules.
- Participates in managing and estimating (revenue-delete) cost forecasts, material planning, capital and expense budgets.
- Estimates construction costs, prepares budgets, and tracks expenses.
- Participates in managing and estimating revenue forecasts, material planning, capital and expense budgets.
- Verifies serviceability, surveys proposed service routing, and estimates material, construction, and labor costs.
- Initiates customer contacts, coordinates and/or secures access or ROW agreements, completes route designs, and takes necessary steps to meet customer needs.
- May order materials or coordinate with administrative personnel; may verify and reconcile invoices.
- May plan and allocate fibers for splicing and activation.
- May inspect construction work or coordinate inspection assignments.
- Releases addresses as serviceable and notifies other departments of serviceability.
- As projects are completed, perform tasks to close tasks in database/tool, reconcile assets, and generate reports to ensure proper closure of project
- Field work will include working with construction; working with municipalities; putting in conduits and pulling communication through those conduits.
- Interfacing with inspectors.
- HS diploma, GED or relevant work experience
- Minimum requirement 0-2 years of experience in area of responsibility
- Must Have Hybrid Fiber/Coax experience
- Communicate clearly and concisely
Please note contractors are engaged to provide services to Cox on a temporary basis in connection with a specific assignment. Contractors are hired and employed through Atrium, our third-party payrolling provider.
By applying for this position you agree to the Atrium Terms and Conditions. Agreeing to these terms, includes permission to use the email address and mobile phone number you provide during the application process or throughout the duration of your prospective or actual employment to notify you of job openings, profiles, articles, news, and other employment-related information, as well as to notify you of special promotions or additional products and services offered by us or our affiliates and partners (collectively, “Atrium Alerts”). Atrium Alerts may be sent by email, phone or text message. Your personal information will be safely stored in our database. Atrium does not sell your personal information to third parties. Text message and data rates may apply. To OPT OUT of text messaging or to modify your communication preferences for Atrium Alerts at any time, please contact us at email@example.com.
If you do not agree with the Atrium Terms and Conditions, you can still complete your application for this position by emailing your resume to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in the subject of your email.