Role Summary for Communications Specialist:
Develop relationships with Home Owners Associations (HOAs), community managers, civic groups and other community associations and organizations. As needed, prepare and present documented updates and structured presentations outlining upgrade schedules and providing overviews of future upgrade-related products and services. Create a favorable working relationship with the HOAs and other community organizations to ensure successful access by sales and marketing team to promote and sell services within access restricted communities.
Responsibilities of Communications Specialist:
- Represent the company in external public and private meetings to effectively communicate project timelines, goals, impacts and outcomes.
- Support the project managers and project teams in communicating problem/issue resolution with external parties as needed
- Coordinate with Marketing, Network Construction and other departments as appropriate on customer notification process to ensure compliance with both federal and local government level regulatory guidelines, as well as to ensure timely and regular customer communication on activities that impact customers’ services and/or their property.
- Meet with permitting, engineering and other departments within the Cities/Towns, HOA’S and Private Property Managers with Cox’s internal permitting and construction team to discuss permitting for FTTH and address other issues prior to work commencing in their municipality.
- Coordinate the development and on-going distribution of geographically specific communications materials that provide impacted parties with the latest upgrade-related scheduling information and promote related future services with HOA’S.
- Working with the Cox Construction NT2.0 Team, and using various communication tools, provide Cox functional groups and employees with periodically scheduled upgrade status reports as well as other information regarding scheduled product or service launches or releases.
- Provide face to face communications and briefings to impacted departments and on project status and other project-related topics as appropriate.
- Prepare and maintain care center information for appropriate dissemination on upgrade activities or other major product or service releases/launches.
- Effectively represent project teams as required.
- Continuously develop skills and abilities in order to excel in current and future career challenges.
- Develop appropriate accountability work form documentation
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- Reading fiber maps and documentation is preferred.
- Ability to understand HFC networks.
- Strong Excel knowledge and experience.
- Project support experience preferred.
Candidate needs to be local and is required to come onsite frequently.
Please note contractors are engaged to provide services to Cox on a temporary basis in connection with a specific assignment. Contractors are hired and employed through Atrium, our third-party payrolling provider.
By applying for this position you agree to the Atrium Terms and Conditions. Agreeing to these terms, includes permission to use the email address and mobile phone number you provide during the application process or throughout the duration of your prospective or actual employment to notify you of job openings, profiles, articles, news, and other employment-related information, as well as to notify you of special promotions or additional products and services offered by us or our affiliates and partners (collectively, “Atrium Alerts”). Atrium Alerts may be sent by email, phone or text message. Your personal information will be safely stored in our database. Atrium does not sell your personal information to third parties. Text message and data rates may apply. To OPT OUT of text messaging or to modify your communication preferences for Atrium Alerts at any time, please contact us at email@example.com.
If you do not agree with the Atrium Terms and Conditions, you can still complete your application for this position by emailing your resume to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in the subject of your email.