Construction Administrative Assistant
Role Summary for the Construction Administrative Assistant
The Construction Administrative Assistant I obtains access and right-of-way agreements. Coordinates with local municipalities and pole owners for permitting and pole applications, joint-trenching, and make-ready for utility poles.
Responsibilities of the Construction Administrative Assistant
- Participates in conversations to ensure alternative routing delivers the most cost-effective design for construction.
- Coordinates contractor work and make-ready, obtains permits, Pole Applications, and access or ROW agreements, and distributes design prints and other necessary working documents. Negotiates and approves design or construction changes.
- Processes invoices and payments for third-party make-ready.
- Establishes aggressive timelines for work to ensure project meets due dates.
- Work with transportation related entities and various regional Railways for permitting and right of way coordination.
- Applies OCC standards and regulations to permitting and project reviews.
- May function as a company representative with other utility and state/local entities.
- Researches and reviews plans, gathers necessary data for project.
- Coordinates with public works personnel, and utilities on joint trench projects.
- Maintains workflow databases and updates schedules. Participates in managing and estimating revenue forecasts, material planning, capital and expense budgets.
- Estimates construction costs, prepares budgets, and tracks expenses.
- Participates in managing and estimating revenue forecasts, material planning, capital and expense budgets.
- Verifies serviceability, surveys proposed service routing, and estimates material, construction, and labor costs.
- Initiates customer contacts, secures access or ROW agreements, and takes necessary steps to meet customer needs.
- Coordinates with construction team to prepare easements.
- May inspect construction work or coordinate inspection assignments.
- As projects are completed, perform tasks to close tasks in database, reconcile assets, and generate reports.
- Attend utility coordination meetings with city engineers
- Coordinate with 3rd party engineering contractors for Make Ready documentation.
Qualifications for the Construction Administrative Assistant
- HS diploma, GED or relevant work experience.
- Minimum 2 or more years of experience preferred in related field (i.e. Construction, permitting, Civil Engineering etc.)
- Requires strong knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization and external vendors.
- Experience in Right-of-Way permitting in a telecommunications industry.
- Experience working with municipal permitting and public works departments.
Please note contractors are engaged to provide services on a temporary basis in connection with a specific assignment. Contractors are hired and employed through Atrium.
By applying for this position you agree to the Atrium Terms and Conditions. Agreeing to these terms, includes permission to use the email address and mobile phone number you provide during the application process or throughout the duration of your prospective or actual employment to notify you of job openings, profiles, articles, news, and other employment-related information, as well as to notify you of special promotions or additional products and services offered by us or our affiliates and partners (collectively, “Atrium Alerts”). Atrium Alerts may be sent by email, phone or text message. Your personal information will be safely stored in our database. Atrium does not sell your personal information to third parties. Text message and data rates may apply. To OPT OUT of text messaging or to modify your communication preferences for Atrium Alerts at any time, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you do not agree with the Atrium Terms and Conditions, you can still complete your application for this position by emailing your resume to our team at email@example.com. Please include the job title in the subject of your email.