Consults with internal customers and external vendors to capture agreed-upon business objectives and processes. Performs research and fact-finding to determine business requirements for development of end-user programs, operational procedures and support. Communicates these processes and their implications to technical and non-technical contributors to ensure that applications accurately meet business users' goals. Business Analysts create system requirements, collaborating with the design teams to determine that application, database, & other system impacts based on the requirements. The Business Analyst works closely with other members of the technical teams to ensure all requirements are addressed in the solution design.
- Facilitate creation of Business Requirements following a traditional approach, or using the Business Process and Analysis (BPA) methodology as determined by the project sponsor
- Manage Scoring (approving) and Claiming processes with Business and Technology stakeholders to review and refine business requirements and use cases to ensure they are clear, concise and traceable; and to ensure business requirements will be satisfied by the appropriate teams / applications.
- Identify project stakeholders, risks and benefits of alternate designs; document assumptions; assess project impact of system changes to users, internal and external customers
- Develop System Requirements (SRQs), including process flows and use cases
- Conduct SRQ reviews with project stakeholders and document consumers to ensure completeness and adherence to business requirements
- Consult with internal customers, cross-functional team members and external vendors to capture agreed-upon business objectives and processes to define system requirements
- Update and map SRQs to Business Requirements in the Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM)
- Review Architecture, Engineering and Application Development designs and QA / UAT test plans to ensure requirements are met and the RTM is updated as required
- Provide BA support for software testing and debugging plans to ensure requirements are met
- Provide status reporting for project progress, issues, dependencies and risks
- Typically requires BS/BA or Associates degree in related discipline
- Minimum requirement 2-5 years of experience in related field
- certification is required in some areas Performs full range of standard professional level work that typically requires processing and interpreting
- Identifies problems and possible solutions and takes appropriate action to resolve more complex, less clearly-defined issues
- Demonstrates skill in data analysis techniques by resolving missing/incomplete information or inconsistencies/anomalies in more complex research/data
Please note contractors are engaged to provide services to Cox on a temporary basis in connection with a specific assignment. Contractors are hired and employed through Atrium, our third-party payrolling provider.
By applying for this position you agree to the Atrium Terms and Conditions. Agreeing to these terms, includes permission to use the email address and mobile phone number you provide during the application process or throughout the duration of your prospective or actual employment to notify you of job openings, profiles, articles, news, and other employment-related information, as well as to notify you of special promotions or additional products and services offered by us or our affiliates and partners (collectively, “Atrium Alerts”). Atrium Alerts may be sent by email, phone or text message. Your personal information will be safely stored in our database. Atrium does not sell your personal information to third parties. Text message and data rates may apply. To OPT OUT of text messaging or to modify your communication preferences for Atrium Alerts at any time, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you do not agree with the Atrium Terms and Conditions, you can still complete your application for this position by emailing your resume to our team at email@example.com. Please include the job title in the subject of your email.