Assistant Director of Wellness (ADOW)
Atrium Retirement Residence Orillia, ON
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Calling all Frontline Heroes who are ready to make a difference
We are painfully aware of the impact that COVID-19 has had on our society. Unfortunately, long-term care and retirement communities have felt this impact even more so, given we take care of the most vulnerable population.
We are looking for that special someone who is ready to join our team at Atrium Retirement Residence and help save the lives of our senior population. If you are passionate about making a difference, have a strong moral compass, and are committed to teamwork, this is the right opportunity for you!
At Atrium Retirement Residence, we are passionate about providing the utmost care for our residents – their wellbeing is our highest priority. We pride ourselves in offering a community within a community that people are happy to call ‘home’.
We are currently seeking to hire an Assistant Director of Wellness. Reporting to the Executive Director, the ADOW is an integral member of the Nursing team. Shifts are based on needs of the home, but may include days, evenings, and weekends.
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, providing for the care and needs of residents.
- Evaluation of resident care
- Liaise with Program senior leadership
- Liaise between the family and staff
- Coaches and leads other staff on behavioural care plan for residents
- Site visits to community partners and hospitals to assess for new admissions
- Liaise with outside behavioural care providers
- Liaise with long term care home physician(s)
- Provide case management for behavioural residents
- Update behavioural sections of Resident Assessment Instrument (RAI) and Mini Data Set (MDS) care plan
- Lead implementation of care plan recommendations
- Facilitate care conference for all residents
- Monitor and evaluate the care provided
- Assist in the leading education and knowledge transfer to all staff on preventative behaviour management
- Participate in nursing research, resident satisfaction and continuous quality improvement initiatives (e.g. Residents’ First);
- Maintain active membership in appropriate professional associations.
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Apply current knowledge regarding resident needs, gerontological principles, nursing care, general health maintenance and promotion
- Provide ongoing assessment of resident health status in accordance with defined policy and procedures
- Contribute to the evaluation of nursing care by comparing resident status to expected outcomes and goals and modify the care plan as appropriate
- Demonstrate self-awareness in realistic appraisal of personal practice, identifying strengths, weaknesses and plan for professional development
- Registered Practical Nurse (Diploma)
- Registered as an RPN in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current First Aid and CPR certification
- Experience in long term care or retirement considered an asset
- Experience with quality improvement processes considered an asset
- Current vulnerable sector screening; valid within 6 months
- TB screening; within 6 months is also required
- Must have a recent negative COVID Swab.
How to apply?
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and references. We look forward to speaking with you, and making every moment matter!
Our organization takes the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities into account during the position summary review process. Employees are required to notify their director manager/supervisor if they have any particular accessibility needs and the organization will work with the employee to address them.
We actively promote the ongoing enjoyment of life, each and every day. Our welcoming and warm atmosphere, dedicated and friendly staff, and accessible design make Atrium Retirement a wonderful place to call home.
Atrium Retirement Residence
Ideally located close to many amenities in Orillia, Ontario, Atrium Retirement Residence has been an integral part of our community since 1997. Our distinctive A-frame design allows residents to enjoy easy access to their suites, our spacious, light-filled dining room and the airy front atrium – all located on the main floor. Residents like to gather in the atrium with friends and family. We actively promote the ongoing enjoyment of life, each and every day. Our welcoming and warm atmosphere, dedicated and friendly staff, and accessible design make Atrium Retirement a wonderful place to call home.
230 Coldwater Rd WOrillia, ON
HealthcareView all jobs at Atrium Retirement Residence