Pediatric Emergency Medicine Physician
Atrium Health Levine Children’s Emergency Department is hiring additional pediatric emergency medicine subspecialists in the clinician educator role. The Division of Pediatric Emergency Medicine, in the Department of Emergency Medicine, at Atrium Health Carolinas Medical Center and Atrium Health Levine Children’s Hospital seeks qualified candidates to help us expand pediatric emergency medical expertise across the system. Levine Children’s Hospital is the largest children’s hospital between Atlanta and Washington, DC.
About our Emergency Dept:
- Level I trauma center staffed by an inclusive group of pediatric emergency medicine subspecialists and emergency medicine specialists.
- We sponsor a pediatric emergency medicine fellowship program with two fellows per year.
- We provide state of the art pediatric emergency medical services to the diverse community of Charlotte using a family centered care model with the help of child life specialists, interpreters, social workers, patient care representatives, and psychiatric care navigators
- Our facility is expanding to 21 beds in 2020 while designing a brand-new children’s emergency department expected to open in 2024.
Candidates with the following training will be considered:
- Combined Emergency Medicine and Pediatrics residency training
- Emergency Medicine residency AND Pediatric EM fellowship training
- Pediatrics residency AND Pediatric EM fellowship training
About the Community:
- Located in the heart of the Southeast, Charlotte is the largest and most accessible city between Washington, DC and Dallas, TX. Due to its mid-Atlantic location, getting to Charlotte is easy from anywhere in the country or the world, hence its nickname “the International Gateway to the South.”
- The current population of the immediate metropolitan area is 2.4 million. Charlotte ranks 1st in economic strength while maintaining a cost of living below national average. As the 17th largest city in the United States, Charlotte has significant cultural and education resources. The arts are well supported by the community and the educational system is progressive, with strong schools in both public and private sectors. Charlotte is 2 hours from the Blue Ridge Mountains and 3 hours from many coastal resorts.