Senior Business Analyst - BlackLine (2023-5935)
- $70 to $76 Hourly
Cox Automotive Group is looking for a Senior Business Analyst in Atlanta, GA! The Senior Business Analyst –BlackLine, Enterprise Finance & Accounting Process CoE is a critical leadership position that oversees implementing process improvements and the delivery and support for the organization’s reconciliation, close, and journal entry tool. This position reports directly to the BlackLine & CoA Governance Owner and serves as a partner by engaging with business leaders within the company to anticipate business issues and drive strong decision-making through sound BlackLine solution management and application of accounting expertise.
This position will be responsible for all aspects of the Cox Automotive BlackLine-related processes. The Senior Business Analyst – BlackLine is responsible for overseeing the deployment, adoption, and optimization of the BlackLine tool, including journal entries, account reconciliations, match sets, and financial close tasks. This role will be responsible to consult with business partners (Enterprise Accounting, Finance, Operations) and the IT team regularly. Effective management of BlackLine is a responsibility that will enable Cox Automotive to optimize and mitigate risk in its processes. This is a temporary 8-month position.
- Support day-to-day activities of the Process Center of Excellence as they relate to BlackLine.
- Work with IT/BlackLine developers and the maintenance team to build and test enhancements to current processes.
- Support BlackLine training efforts as new users are onboarded to the tool and ongoing as needed.
- Drive account reconciliation, journal entry, and financial close reporting through BlackLine (i.e., aged items, unreconciled balances, overdue close tasks).
- Assist with the building of metrics and performance management strategy and culture, driving measurable business results and tracking adoption of BlackLine.
- Accountable for all process standards relating to BlackLine: data, reporting, systems security, compliance, financial controls, change management, and process excellence.
- Support an operational readiness and change management approach to accompany BlackLine changes, to drive business adoption and organizational agility.
- Partner with other cross-functional teams within the Centers of Excellence and Operations to identify and address improvement opportunities.
- Analyze and develop business process diagrams and models to support process design and redesign initiatives.
- Communicates with key stakeholders to ensure risk awareness, project progress, set expectations, and define next steps promptly.
- Offers recommendations for improving system performance gaps and system options to increase efficiencies and achieve best practice standards.
- Acts as first-tier end-user support and escalates with system support teams as necessary.
- Tracks, documents, and manages support issues with Blackline.
- Partners closely with management and end-users to gather and document business requirements to enhance systems and processes to drive increased efficiency.
- Performs other tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance and/or Accounting required
- A minimum of 5+ years of accounting or finance experience required
- A minimum of 2+ years of BlackLine experience preferred, ideally a mix of experience as a user and as a system administrator is preferred
Background in financial close process optimization and related controls
- Proven ability to influence and collaborate with business partners
- Experience with continuous improvement and project management – Six Sigma Green Belt and/or PMP a plus
- Proven ability to deliver high levels of customer service
- Demonstrated financial analysis strength
- Strong troubleshooting, configuration, navigation skills across BlackLine modules
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and Oracle Financials
- Ability to work independently and proactively manage projects, while engaging a broader team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to interact and collaborate with all levels across the organization.
- Ability to influence and shape work, progress, and processes without ownership or control
- Excellent organizational and analytical skillsAbility to work effectively under pressure, shift priorities quickly as required and rapidly adapt to changing environments.
- Excellent critical thinking, problem-solving, and prioritization skills with high-level attention to detail
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Advanced Degree and/or CPA
- BlackLine certification
- SQL and Case Command experience
- Experience within a Center of Excellence environment
- This role is remote, on-site is required as needed but no more than once a month.
This job posting is for a temporary role as an employee of Atrium on assignment at Cox. The individual selected for this role will be offered the role as an employee of Atrium; compensation, medical benefits, fringe benefits and other terms and conditions of employment shall be presented by Atrium upon offer. The pay rate range provided is a reasonable estimate of the anticipated compensation range for this job at the time of posting. The actual pay rate will be based on a number of factors, including skills, competencies, experience, location and/or being pursued and other job-related factors permitted by law. In addition, this role will be eligible for overtime pay, in accordance with federal and state requirements
By applying for this position you agree to the Atrium Terms and Conditions. Agreeing to these terms, includes permission to use the email address and mobile phone number you provide during the application process or throughout the duration of your prospective or actual employees to notify you of job openings, profiles, articles, news, and other employment-related information, as well as to notify you of special promotions or additional products and services offered by us or our affiliates and partners (collectively, “Atrium Alerts”). Atrium Alerts may be sent by email, phone or text message. Your personal information will be safely stored in our database. Atrium does not sell your personal information to third parties. Text message and data rates may apply. To OPT OUT of text messaging or to modify your communication preferences for Atrium Alerts at any time, please contact us at email@example.com.
If you do not agree with the Atrium Terms and Conditions, you can still complete your application for this position by emailing your resume to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in the subject of your email.
As a woman-owned firm, Atrium values diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Atrium CWSAtlanta, GA
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.