Remote Senior Database Administrator - Oracle (2022-4714)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Database Administrator is responsible for designing, developing and implementing new technologies, as required, to support the technical capabilities at Cox Automotive. To be successful in this role one must be able to work effectively in a fluid, fast-paced environment. This role requires good communication skills, both with team members and business contacts. In addition, the successful Database Administrator must be able to work with minimal supervision on multiple concurrent projects.
- Participate in functional test planning and testing for the assigned application(s), functional area(s) or project(s)
- Participate in problem solving and troubleshooting for the assigned application(s), functional area(s) or project(s)
- Share knowledge by effectively documenting work
- Respond quickly and effectively to production issues and taking responsibility for seeing those issues through resolution
- Resolve database performance issues, database capacity issues, replication, and other distributed data issues
- Install and maintain database software
- Manage backup and recovery of databases using RMAN and/or Network Appliance Snapshots
- Manage security of database structures and corporate data held within databases
- Develop database procedures, triggers and SQL scripts for development teams
- Assist in the definition and implementation of database standards
- Review scripts submitted by the Development team to ensure that all standards are met
- Monitor databases for errors and perform problem determination when necessary
- Design and implement highly available production systems using the following technologies: Hot Standby/Data Guard, Oracle Goldengate, Advanced Queuing, Real Application Cluster (RAC) and Oracle Enterprise Manager
- Participate in on-call rotations
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 10 + years of experience in Oracle database technologies
- Prior experience writing PL/SQL triggers and/or procedures
- Experience with Database SQL and Database tuning
- Experience with Oracle GoldenGate is a plus
- Experience developing ansible playbooks is plus
- Experience working in AWS is a plus
- Ability to work with minimal direction, yet also able to work in team environment
- Working knowledge of LINUX and shell scripting
- Experience configuring database network connectivity
- Understanding of database backup and recovery techniques using RMAN and Network Appliance filers
- Experience with high volume websites that use multi-tier architectures a significant plus
- Understanding or experience using Oracle Real Application Cluster’s and implementation best-practices
- Ability to analyze existing systems and make recommendations on which technology best suits the business requirement for high availability, Disaster Recovery or high performance
- Experience setting up and Managing OEM 13c is a plus
Please note contractors are engaged to provide services on a temporary basis in connection with a specific assignment. Contractors are hired and employed through Atrium.
By applying for this position you agree to the Atrium Terms and Conditions. Agreeing to these terms, includes permission to use the email address and mobile phone number you provide during the application process or throughout the duration of your prospective or actual employment to notify you of job openings, profiles, articles, news, and other employment-related information, as well as to notify you of special promotions or additional products and services offered by us or our affiliates and partners (collectively, “Atrium Alerts”). Atrium Alerts may be sent by email, phone or text message. Your personal information will be safely stored in our database. Atrium does not sell your personal information to third parties. Text message and data rates may apply. To OPT OUT of text messaging or to modify your communication preferences for Atrium Alerts at any time, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you do not agree with the Atrium Terms and Conditions, you can still complete your application for this position by emailing your resume to our team at email@example.com. Please include the job title in the subject of your email.
As a woman-owned firm, Atrium values diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
TechnologyView all jobs at Atrium CWS
Get fresh Full Time Database Administrator jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.