What's the difference between a job and a meaningful, rewarding career? The people you serve. When you work at Atria, you have a front-row seat to the amazing life stories of the wisest people on earth. What's more, you are part of an extraordinary company - one that's investing in the future of senior living by investing in you. Don't just do a job. Be part of an extraordinary life.
Atria Senior Living is a leading operator of independent living, assisted living, supportive living, and memory care communities in more than 225 locations in 27 states and seven Canadian provinces. We create vibrant communities where older adults can thrive and participate, know that their contributions are valued, and enjoy access to opportunities and support that help them continue making a difference in our world.
Atria is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law. Atria will not tolerate harassment or discrimination based on any of these protected classifications.
The User Experience/User Interface (UX/UI) Designer is primarily responsible for translating users' underlying emotional and functional needs into useful, easy to use experiences for customers. He/she collaborates with designers, developers, and strategists to define user experiences for web, mobile, and other digital platforms from concept to completion. This individual's direct efforts ensure that Atria builds brand affinity, increases engagement, and drives conversions through its website and other digital platforms. This individual's focus includes information architecture, controls, wireframing, and visual design and development. He/she excels at communication and meeting goals and deadlines, is results-oriented, shows a high level of intention toward initiative, and demonstrates good judgment, as well as the ability to clearly and simply translate data into a compelling user experience.
- Design user experiences from low-fidelity wireframes to high-fidelity pixel perfect mock-ups.
- Create wireframes, storyboards, sitemaps, screen flows, and product prototypes.
- Document requirements, specifications, and design process flow in conjunction with business systems analysts.
- Analyze user feedback and activity, and iterate to enhance the user experience.
- Design/prototype full mobile or web pages and site templates.
- Build user interface for business applications - web based, mobile, etc.
- Consult with internal clients to understand their goals.
- Manage multiple mid- to large-scale projects at a time.
- Find creative ways to solve UX problems.
- Contribute vision and ownership in the quality of the final product.
- Keep abreast of competitor products and UX trends.
- May perform other duties as needed and/or assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in visual design, communications, computer science, or psychology.
- Three (3) or more years of experience with UX/UI interface design.
- Proven experience and successful track record as a UX/UI Designer
- Proven track record using a human-centered design approach.
- Strong portfolio of design projects.
- Familiarity with interaction design and information architecture.
- Proficiency in:
- Wireframing software (Balsamiq, Lucid Charts)
- Sketch and InVision
- HTML/CSS; Java script development
- Impeccable detail orientation, organization, results-orientation, problem-solving, follow-up, and multi-tasking skills.
- Understanding of conversion techniques.
- Quick information processing abilities.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong creative, technical, and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of agile development processes a plus.
External Company Name: Atria Management Company, LLC
External Company URL: http://www.atriaseniorliving.com