The team at Atom Power does not just build products. We live, breathe, and dream about ways to deliver energy more intelligently and safely at scale. Our passions for creating first-in-the-world technologies, delivering new innovations, and making the world a better place drive everything we do. If you are passionate about creating a more sustainable future and accelerating today's energy transition, imagine what you could do here! Join Atom Power, and help us redefine intelligent energy delivery platforms as we create a smarter, cleaner, and more sustainable future.
See what's new with us!
Learn more about Atom Power on LinkedIn.
We are currently seeking an experienced Firmware Engineer to join our skilled cross-functional team, who will design, implement, test and maintain firmware for all Atom Power embedded products. If you are a confident engineer, highly-motivated and always learning then you are who we are looking for. This is your opportunity to develop and apply new technologies to a real greenfield project that touches every level of the IoT stack.
- Responsible for firmware design, development, verification, and maintenance for Atom Power embedded products.
- Develop robust, structured, testable, and maintainable code using C.
- Create and maintain design and test documentation
- Collaborate with firmware architect to design as per end firmware requirements compliance.
- Bring-up, debug, verify and validate new designs.
- Contribute to firmware development process improvement by assisting the team in implementing best practices for coding, documentation and the process in general.
- Automate unit, integration, and hardware-in-the-loop testing.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you bring:
- At least 6 years of experience developing, testing, and documenting embedded software in an agile/scrum product development environment.
- Experience with bare-metal and RTOS-based firmware development.
- Expert knowledge of C, communication protocols such as SPI, I2C, CAN, Ethernet
- Strong fundamentals including common algorithms, design patterns and data structures.
- Experience developing and automating development test processes at unit, integration, and system levels.
- Experience with common wired, wireless and mesh communication technologies.
- Experience with lab equipment such as oscilloscopes and logic analyzers, and other debugging tools.
We would love to see:
- Knowledge of single and three phase power systems.
- Experience designing firmware for safety critical regulated products.
- Experience developing secure IoT products.
- Experience with agile projects.
- Experience with modern source control systems.
- Medical, Dental, & Vision
- Paid Time Off & 8 Paid Holidays ( New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day after Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day )
- HealthAdvocate, OneMedical, & TalkSpace memberships at no cost
- Electric/Hybrid Vehicle Rebates
- Employee Assistance Program
- Educational Assistance
- Commuter Benefits (Mass Transit & Parking)
- Adoption Assistance
- Short-term & Long Term Disability
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Job Title: Firmware Engineer
- Department: Engineering
- Reports to: Lead Firmware Architect
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Job Type: Full-time
- Job Location: Huntersville, NC
Qualifications and Accommodations
To perform this job, you will be expected to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ATOM Power provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants in all company facilities without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status, veteran status, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, familial status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical conditions, genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Our Core Values:
- Believe in the individual
- Market driven, customer focused
- Treat all stakeholders as partners
- Begin with the end in mind, move with urgency
- Challenge the conventional, verify with the physics
- Trust, transparency, integrity
Without a signed recruitment services agreement, we will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. If a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, we explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidates without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
Atom PowerHuntersville, NC
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.