Project Manager/Product Development & Sales Role
Atlas World USA is seeking a new team member as a Product Developer & Sales Manager that is creative & organized to work directly with the General Manager and Founder to take products (physical product) from concept to market.
Atlas World USA is a small, high energy team with growing brands in the mass market and value positive and energetic doers! We work hard every day to make the best products for our brands and retailer partnerships.
We are looking for someone with strong product development skills with physical product development for our beauty accessory line and has current retail relationships in the mass channel, to join our growing team. This individual must understand the process of physical product development and be able to articulate development details to our Hong Kong office. Relatable experiences for PM/PD that would be considered for this role is beauty accessories, soft goods accessories, cut & sew (hand bags & totes), home & lifestyle accessories. For sales, this PM would need to be able to pitch to our current accounts and open new doors with other retailers in the mass market or specialty stores.
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
Project Manage/Product Development
• Work closely with leadership to manage & execute on all product development phases
• Know and understand current beauty trends
• Research Beauty and Fashion Trends to help translate into assortment
• Translate trends in development with our HK/China sourcing partners to develop the assortment
• Responsible for developing quality product and packaging ideas/box art by creating product briefs with specifications for development
• Must be able to work with costing and know a target price to achieve best marginal return
• Manage the day to day development of skus for assigned brands with cross-functional partners as it relates to creative briefs.
• Responsible for creating product names, text and copy needs for new product, if needed
• Monitor and maintain on-time delivery of product, milestones and be responsible to update and track PD timelines
• Must be flexible for time zones
• Manage existing buyer retailer relationships and develop new channels of distribution
• Have strong network of connections in beauty & cosmetics accessories industry to introduce and pitch company services and brand for distribution
• A strong customer focus and ability to effectively and quickly build relationships and establish trust, respect, and communication. (B2B)
• Find white space at the retail level and present how to fill the opportunity
• Drive sales strategy to support company initiatives (B2B)
• Manage daily communication and expectations of buyers and clients
• Exemplary written and oral communication skills
• Travel to sales meetings
• Present new line assortments
• Attend trade shows and networking events 2-3x a year
• Must be comfortable working with startups
• Must have (3 - 5+) years of experience in Project Management, Product Development and Sales (Packaging knowledge is a plus)
• Must have an interest in beauty and body accessory category
• Must be driven to learn and explore the possibilities to find great solutions.
• Must be comfortable to host pitch meetings and give presentations
• Must be proficient (and fast) in Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint
• Must be a faster learner, a great multi-tasker, and a great executor
• Must be detailed-oriented and work with a system to keep all details
• Must feel comfortable being driven by deadlines with a high sense of urgency
Additional Company Benefits:
• Sales Commission
• Health Benefits
• Percentage of cell phone payment
** Local LA candidates only to apply