Plant Health Care Specialists - North Bay
Atlas Tree Santa Rosa, CA
- Posted: 8 days ago
- $23 to $28 Hourly
We are seeking experienced Plant Health Care Specialists who are ambitious self-starters that have a passion for preserving and caring for trees. This position will focus on monitoring, evaluating, and providing the plant health care needs of trees and shrubs on commercial and residential properties.
To ensure your success, we provide hands-on training provided by Atlas's dedicated team of arborists. As a Plant Health Care Specialist, you will play an important role in:
- Performing tree and shrub care treatments using spray, tree injection, and soil injection tools as prescribed by the Arborist Representative
- Communicating with clients regarding work performed during site visits
- Mixing and applying pesticides and fertilizers to trees and shrubs according to diagnosis, safety procedures, label instructions, and state laws
- Properly maintaining and operating equipment and vehicles (hand tools, spray agitators, portable spray equipment, and other machinery)
- Completing accurate record-keeping and reporting daily
- Safely driving a company vehicle to multiple properties throughout the day
- Working as a member of a tree care crew, under the Arborist Crew Leader's supervision during the off-season
- A passion for nature, the environment, and the outdoors
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
- Ability to pass a drug test
- Interest in working outdoors year-round in all weather conditions
- Ability to obtain a Commercial Pesticide Applicator License – We will pay for the cost of the exam and help you prepare!
- Must have a valid driver's license and be insurable
- Learn to identify trees and shrubs common to the region
- Degree in Arboriculture, Forestry, Horticulture, Turfgrass, Environmental Science, Plant Science, Outdoor Recreation, Agriculture or a related field OR prior experience working in landscaping or horticulture is preferred but not required
- Self-motivated individual with a can-do, positive, and upbeat attitude
- Strong customer service skills and telephone etiquette
- Excellent organizational skills – ability to multitask and prioritize
- Attentive to details, analytical skills, and basic math skills
- Strong communication skills (oral, written, and listening)
- Demonstrates role model behaviors by adhering to high standards of ethics, integrity, and safety
- Paid holidays and vacation
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan
- A safety-first culture and professional workplace
- Advancement opportunities - we promote from within
- Industry credential/license pay increases - we encourage and invest in your professional development
- Company provided uniforms, PPE, gear, and equipment
- Access to training, continuing education programs, and a variety of resources provided by the Atlas
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
ABOUT ATLAS TREE
Atlas was founded nearly 40 years ago by Sonoma County native Rich Kingsborough with 2 chainsaws, a pickup, and a passion for the tree care industry. We’ve since grown to become the largest privately-owned tree company north of the Golden Gate Bridge and are rapidly expanding throughout Northern California, with a vision to extend our services throughout the state and across the country in the next few years. If you are fearless and want to grow and help revolutionize the tree care industry with us…..read and watch the videos below to learn more about Atlas and our ground-breaking learning facility, Academy-Trained.
We at Atlas have a mission… we are ELEVATING THE STANDARD of our industry through SAFETY, TRAINING, and INNOVATION. Are you ready to be a part of disrupting our industry?
Click the links below to learn more about Atlas and Academy-Trained.
Atlas: CLICK HERE | Academy-Trained: CLICK HERE
AddressSanta Rosa, CA
HealthcareView all jobs at Atlas Tree