Equipment Operator (Chula Vista)
- Expired: October 03, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Atlas Tree has been elevating the industry through safety, training and innovation for the last 40 years! As we look to the future growth of our organization, we are officially calling all TREE PEOPLE! We need you! We are seeking a few good men or women to join our amazing work family! We know you have a lot to offer our industry and thank you for considering us as your next step on the, "career ladder!"
LOCAL APPLICANTS ONLY
Click HERE to watch how we are elevating the standard of the industry here at Atlas!
The Equipment Operator will safely operate heavy machinery for construction, demolition, excavation projects and all other machines and equipment involved in production.
Essential Job Functions:
- Operates equipment including Front-end loaders, Excavators, Skid Steers
- Transports tools and other equipment to and from job sites.
- Inspects and fuels the vehicle prior to beginning shift.
- Performs routine maintenance and repairs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- CDL Class A license preferred, not required
- 2-3 years of experience.
- Hydro seeding experience.
- Extensive knowledge of heavy machinery operation and capabilities.
- Ability to read building plans related to structural concrete and land grades.
- Excellent mechanical skills.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to work independently and in a group.
- Ability to learn quickly and to follow instructions accurately.
- Ability to adhere to safety requirements.
- Prolonged periods climbing and standing on ladders and raised platforms at extreme heights.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to push or pull up to 70 pounds.
- Must be able to work in all types of weather and at extreme temperatures.
- May be exposed to higher-than-average risk of work-related injuries and illnesses from exposure to dangerous working conditions, machinery, and heights.
- Integrity and professionalism
- Keep employees motivated, resolve conflicts and make hard decisions for employees.
- Provide vision, help carry out the mission, implements strategic intent and encourage the development of all team members.
- Be a SAFETY agent of change.
- Set expectations and hold team members accountable.
- Provide a positive learning experience for all team members.
- Understand and inform all team members of the importance of the ATLAS way, best practices. Lead by example.
- Assist the team in making the best practices that become part of the everyday activities of the company.
- Self-motivated individual with a can-do, positive, and upbeat attitude
*Please note the essential functions and duties of this position are subject to change based on position, department and location of assignment*
- Paid vacation
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Pension Plan
Atlas Tree Surgery is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We pride ourselves on our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
AddressChula Vista, CA
ConstructionView all jobs at Atlas Tree
Get fresh Elevator Operator jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.