Environmental Technician 21-216
Atlas Technical Consultants Fairmont, WV
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
• High school diploma is required;
• Adherence to ATC’s Health and Safety Policies during all activities;
• Possess physical strength, stamina and dexterity for repeatedly lifting and moving objects as much as 50 pounds, stooping, bending, and climbing.
• Must possess a valid driver's license.
• Current OSHA HAZWOPER 40 Hr. Training and Annual Refresher preferred;
• Groundwater pump-and-treat experience preferred;
• Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) experience;
• Knowledge and experience working on groundwater remediation projects and operating SVE systems;
• Experience with groundwater, surface water, and soil sampling procedures;
• Experience in Chemical/Refinery/Industrial environments;
• Experience working on projects directed by the WV DEP preferred;
• RCRA, CERCLA, and other regulatory knowledge and experience preferred;
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Word.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
The Environmental Technician will be responsible for operating and maintaining remediation systems in a safe and efficient manner. Responsibilities include managing a soil vapor extraction and air sparge (SVE/AS) remediation system in Vienna, West Virginia, and potentially one or more other future remediation systems. This will include, but not be limited to, the following tasks: recording operating data on field forms, performing system adjustments to optimize remedial efforts, operating and troubleshooting pumps and blowers, transmitters, flow meters, and other related equipment, coordinating repairs with contractors, performing equipment maintenance, and collecting process groundwater and air samples for laboratory analysis. Additional responsibilities will include development of maintenance schedules and procuring parts/equipment as needed. This position will collaborate with other ATC staff to generate site-specific Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), create and update standardized data collection forms, analyze and track operational data, schedule and coordinate subcontractors, identify areas for process improvement, collaborate with project team members, and coordinate and communicate with onsite stakeholders.
The desired candidate will be detail oriented, self-motivated, maintain a strong work ethic, and have the ability to take direction and work independently. Good communication and time management skills are necessary. Strong mechanical aptitude and electrical troubleshooting skills are preferred. It is anticipated that the majority of work hours will be performed at a project location in Vienna, West Virginia
Atlas Technical ConsultantsWhy Work Here?
Atlas has a fulfilling and rewarding corporate culture based on compassion, empathy and respect. Join our team. You'll love working here!
Atlas Technical Consultants ('Atlas' ATCX) is a nation-wide leader in civil engineering, materials testing and geotechnical consulting services for environmental, industrial and infrastructure construction projects. Headquartered in Austin, TX, Atlas currently has over 3,500 employees and 140 offices throughout the US. We're a great company. Come join us!
Energy and Environment