Title: Registered Nurse (RN)
Setting: Skilled Nursing Facility
About the Opportunity: A state-of-the-art skilled nursing facility that treats both sub-acute and long-term care patients is looking for a Registered Nurse for a full-time position. The RN in this role would be responsible for carrying out individualized developed plan of care for geriatric patients. You will provide clinical support to staff members, assist with management of a caseload, perform patient assessments and act as part of a multidisciplinary team. The RN in this position will also supervised LPNs and CNAs. We will accept new grads for this position and offer an excellent training program.
- Consult and coordinate with health care team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans.
- Prepare, administer (orally, subcutaneously, through an IV) and record prescribed medications.
- Report adverse reactions to medications or treatments to doctors.
- Record patients’ medical information and vital signs.
- Assess patients’ ability to do routine daily tasks.
- Assist patients with such basic needs as dressing, eating, and bathing, and encourages patients to do things for themselves.
- Recognize and manage geriatric syndromes common to older adults, including: cardiovascular, respiratory, gastrointestinal, urinary, hematological, musculoskeletal, endocrine, neurological, psychiatric/psychosocial, integumentary, sensory and pain problems.
- Prepare equipment and aid physician during examination and treatment of patient.
- Facilitate older adults’ active participation in all aspects of their own health care.
- Involve, educate, and when appropriate, supervises= family/significant others in implementing best practices for patients.
- Promote the desirability of quality end-of-life care for older adults.
- Record all care information concisely, accurately and completely, in a timely manner, in the appropriate format.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree from Accredited Nursing program
- New York Registered Nurse license
- BLS Certification
- Previous experience working with adults and geriatrics is a plus
About the Recruiter:
My name is Samantha and I’m an Executive Healthcare Recruiter here at Atlas Search. I have five years of experience staffing for therapy, nursing, social work, allied health, non-clinical, and VP level healthcare professionals throughout New York City, Florida, and New England. I assist all my candidates in finding the best professional and possible fit for them. Let’s connect on LinkedIn, so you can receive the latest updates on the hottest jobs in the market: https://www.linkedin.com/in/samanthahemingway/.