Manager of Case Management
About the Opportunity
Our client is an accredited acute care medical and surgical hospital located in Nyack. Their mission is to provide acute care services to residents of Rockland County and surrounding areas. They are currently seeking a Manager of Case Management to join their team!
- Responsible for the direction and coordination of the hospital-wide Care Management Program to ensure the delivery of high quality, cost effective care through collaborative relations with physicians, care managers, patients/family, insurance carriers and other member of the health care team.
- Directs appropriate length of stay decisions base on knowledge of State, Federal and Third Party regulations to decrease LOS and initiate timely discharges.
- Supervise Case Managers in the management of patients across the continuum of patient care, from patients point of entry into the health care system, until the appropriate outcome is achieved
- Graduated from an accredited School of Nursing or college.
- BSN Required. MSN or MPA Preferred.
- 2-3 years experience in hospital utilization review and or managed care.
- 5 years experience in an acute care setting or equivalent experience.
- 1-3 of management experience.
- Case Management certification preferred.
- Current New York state RN license required.
- Knowledge of DOH, JCAHO and Peer Review Organization requirements.
- Knowledge of PC based systems to assist in data analysis.
- Ability to communicate (written and verbal) effectively with medical and administrative staff in a positive, assertive, and professional manner.