Our client, Atlas Residential, is seeking Apartment Maintenance Technician for its apartment community in Glenview, IL.
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
Supervises: no one
The Apartment Maintenance Technician oversees all areas of maintenance and repairs at apartment buildings that are managed by Atlas Residential.
Job duties include:
- Plumbing: includes the repair, replacement or installation of faucets, pipes, hot water tanks, toilets, garbage disposals, dishwashers, water-dispensing refrigerators, and washing machines.
- Electrical: includes the repair, replacement or installation of power switches, fuses, wall sockets, ceiling lights, ceiling fans, climate control systems, and garage doors openers.
- Drywall repair: includes filling in small holes caused by nails and minor dings from normal wear and tear most commonly performed between the time a tenant vacates a unit and a new renter assumes occupancy.
- Painting: includes minor touch-ups following damage repair and new coats of paint applied to unit walls between the time a tenant vacates a unit and a new renter assumes occupancy.
- Appliance repair: includes the repair, replacement or installation of major household appliances, such as refrigerators, dishwashers, range ovens, washers and dryers, hot water tanks, and air conditioners.
- Carpentry, minor HVAC/radiator repairs, and roofing repairs
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
Supervisory duties include:
Organize, prioritize and ensure service requests and repairs are made correctly and in timely manner.
Train maintenance technicians on making proper repairs and completing service requests.
Work with the Apartment Maintenance Manager to maintain an effective preventative maintenance program.
Monitor inventory of parts and supplies at appropriate levels.
Maintain a superior customer service relationship with residents, co-workers, vendors, and the community
Assist Property Manager in controlling maintenance expenses.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
General knowledge of all aspects of maintenance repair and service including plumbing, electrical, appliance repair, HVAC, minor carpentry.
At least 4 years of maintenance experience preferably in the apartment industry field.
- High School graduate; technical school preferred but not required.
Valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance is required; position requires own vehicle to fulfill all of job’s functions.
EPA certification Type I and II preferred
Your own tools (company has some tools and can help with certain items)
Reliable form of communication (working cell phone)
Ability to work independently and communicate effectively
Three (3) weeks of Paid Time Off after completing your first year on the job.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health FSA, Dependent FSA), Long-Term Disability, Short-Term Disability, Critical Illness and Accident Insurance.
We share a commitment to excellence and a desire to work in a comfortable, friendly atmosphere, so we only hire nice, bright, funny people who are willing to work hard. Our credo is a simple one: be helpful. And we think we can be most helpful if our workforce is as diverse in thought, perspective, and culture as the people who live in our communities. We are looking to add amazing professionals to join our team who will bring diversity across many lines, including race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, sex, and country of origin.