Who We Are
Atlas prepares and empowers all students for success on their post-graduate paths through educational excellence, character development, and community engagement.
- Atlas students are outpacing national average growth across all grade levels
- Atlas student proficiency has surpassed the district and state
- Atlas provides family-centered support services that consistently lead to over 90% participation in our parent advisor conferences
- Atlas teachers engage in ongoing professional development targeted towards instructional best practices and academic data analysis
Who We Serve
- Tuition free and open enrollment public schools serving 1,100 students in K-2nd and 5th-12th grades
- 92% Socioeconomically Disadvantaged
- 78% Hispanic, 12% African American, 9% White, and 1% Asian
- 56% English Language Learners
Who You Are
- Committed to creating a rigorous, nurturing, and joyful educational experience.
- Are 100% dedicated to educational equity.
- Have the highest commitment to improving curriculum and instruction through collaboration, best practices, and regular assessment.
- Take ownership for the academic results of their students.
- Communicate effectively with students, parents, and colleagues.
- Demonstrate evidence of self-motivation and willingness to be a team player.
- Speak Spanish or have experience working with bilingual students (preferred).
- Have urban teaching experience (preferred).
- Has a growth mindset and used feedback as a way to improve practice.
What You'll Do
- Embody mission and vision of school.
- Execute rigorous, standards-aligned curriculum in mathematics to 11th and 12th grade students.
- Teach, support, and enhance school-wide systems and expectations at all times with all children.
- Create and maintain a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the developmental level and interest of the students.
- Collaborate with colleagues and actively participate in professional development and learning opportunities.
- Actively engage with families to understand their backgrounds and experiences in order to support an equitable and inclusive school environment.
- Communicate effectively and maintain strong relationships with students, families, and colleagues.
- Participate in additional activities including field trips, academic support sessions, community building events, and other required programs as needed throughout the year to best serve our children and community.
- $150 per contracted day for 12-14 weeks.
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits. Plan options include PPO or High Deductible Plan with a Health Savings Account (HSA).
- Participation in the Colorado PERA retirement program, including a PERA 401k contribution option.
- Flexible Spending Account (Medical or Child Care)
- Regular staff get togethers and celebrations.
- An exceptional candidate will begin January 4, 2021.
Powered by JazzHR
Atlas Preparatory School