Elementary Special Education Teacher (2021-2022)
Atlas Preparatory School Colorado Springs, CO
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Who We Are
Atlas prepares and empowers all students for success on their post-graduate paths through educational excellence, character development, and community engagement.
- Atlas students are outpacing national average growth across all grade levels
- Atlas student proficiency has surpassed the district and state
- Atlas provides family-centered support services that consistently lead to over 90% participation in our parent advisor conferences
- Atlas teachers engage in ongoing professional development targeted towards instructional best practices and academic data analysis
Who We Serve
- Tuition free and open enrollment public schools serving 1100 students in K-2nd and 5th-12th grades
- 92% Socioeconomically Disadvantaged
- 78% Hispanic, 12% African American, 9% White, and 1% Asian
- 56% English Language Learners
About the Position:
Teachers of Atlas Prep Elementary School are charged with the task of set the tone for what it means to be a scholar. By helping to create a school that is rigorous, disciplined, and joyful, teachers will ensure that all students achieve the skills, knowledge, and character foundations they need to be successful.
- Committed to creating a rigorous, nurturing, and joyful educational experience.
- Are 100% dedicated to educational equity.
- Have the highest commitment to improving curriculum and instruction through collaboration, best practices, and regular assessment.
- Take ownership for the academic results of their students.
- Communicate effectively with students, parents, and colleagues.
- Demonstrate evidence of self-motivation and willingness to be a team player.
- Colorado Department of Education Special Education teaching endorsement or ability to attain upon hire.
- Speak Spanish or have experience working with bilingual students (preferred).
- Have urban teaching experience (preferred).
- Has a growth mindset and used feedback as a way to improve practice.
- Embody mission and vision of school.
- Execute rigorous, standards-aligned curriculum in the sciences
- Teach, support, and enhance school-wide systems and expectations at all times with all children.
- Provide engaging, motivating, and rigorous instruction in whole-class, small-group, and individual settings.
- Create and maintain a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the developmental level and interest of the students.
- Plan for and deliver academic supports to small groups or individual scholars as needed/scheduled.
- Deliver daily, weekly, interim, and end-of-year assessments to consistently capture student learning.
- Collaborate with colleagues and actively participate in professional development and learning opportunities.
- Draft scholar report cards to ensure meaningful information for families and revise as needed.
- Actively engage with families to understand their backgrounds and experiences in order to support an equitable and inclusive school environment.
- Communicate effectively and maintain strong relationships with students, families, and colleagues.
- Participate in additional activities including field trips, academic support sessions, community building events, and other required programs as needed throughout the year to best serve our children and community.
Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience. Signing bonuses range from $2,500-$5,000.
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits. Plan options include PPO or High Deductible Plan with a Health Savings Account (HSA).
- Participation in the Colorado PERA retirement program, including a PERA 401k contribution option.
- Approximately 10 weeks of paid time off for holidays, scheduled breaks during the year and summer break, in additional to personal flex time.
- Flexible Spending Account (Medical or Child Care)
- Regular staff get togethers and celebrations.
- Early student release every Friday with staff professional development.
- Four designated industrial copy machines per school with unlimited copying for classroom instruction.
Additional benefits available to all team members include:
- SimplyEngaged Plus - monthly gym membership reimbursement
- Health Discount Program - savings on Lasik, prescriptions, teeth whitening, etc
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) - up to 12 weeks of unpaid leave
- Short Term Disability Benefit (Partial Paid Maternity Leave)
- Short Term Disability Benefit (Partial Paid Leave due to injuries)
- Long Term Disability Benefit
- Life Insurance Benefit of $25,000
- Additional option to purchase Life Insurance Benefits for employees and family members
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) which provides up to four free counseling sessions annually
- Final Will and Testament Preparation, Legal Guidance, Identify Theft and Vacation Planning Services (Lincoln Financial)
An exceptional candidate will assume a full time role July 6, 2021. The position will remain open until filled.
Powered by JazzHR