Machine maintenance and service mechanic
Atlas Pacific Engineering La Crosse, WI
- Posted: over a month ago
Up to $30 per hour
Location and Primary region of responsibility: Midwest, primarily Southern Minnesota and Western Wisconsin.
Travel: Travel throughout Midwest region multiple days per week with overnight stays as necessary. Company vehicle will be provided. Non-travel days will be remote work from home.
Who we are:
Multi-national well-established Original Equipment Manufacturer seeks talented and hard-working Service Mechanic in Midwest region. Significant presence and brand recognition within our target markets and industries with a strong emphasis on total customer satisfaction. Aggressive growth and cultural change objectives driven by company objectives, innovation, continuous improvement, and individual entrepreneurship. Majority of duties/functions will be performed on-site at customer food processing plants/facilities.
What you will do:
- Install as well as perform repairs, overhauls, predictive and preventative maintenance on food processing machines/equipment ensuring total customer satisfaction (quality, productivity, service) as well assist in achievement of organizational goals and objectives to include machine and part sales initiatives.
- Effectively and efficiently troubleshoot equipment problems to reduce productivity losses.
- Provide direct support and subject matter expertise to customer ensuring full satisfaction regarding machines/equipment performance.
- Maintain spare parts consignment inventory to support regional customers.
- Provide guidance and training to customer personnel to successfully operate, maintain and overhaul equipment.
- Generate revenue opportunities through machine, parts, and service sales.
- Document and report machine performance, corrective actions, maintenance activities, parts utilization, etc. Effectively communicate customer corrective actions required to improve machine performance.
- Consistently and accurately follow standard operating procedures, policies, etc.
- As needed, travel domestically outside of primary work region with limited international travel (travel is approximately 50% with occasional overnight stays).
- As needed, work nights, weekends, holidays, variable and long shifts, overtime, etc.
What it takes to be successful:
- 5 years of experience performing similar duties or functions (food processing industry preferred).
- High school graduate or equivalent (degree in Mechatronics, Automation, Electrical Technology, or similar program of study preferred).
- Must be able to read mechanical drawings (layouts, assembly drawings) and electrical schematics. Must be able to read mechanical drawings (layouts, assembly drawings) and electrical schematics.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills on complex equipment and processes.
- Advanced mechanical skills and experience (bearings, bushing, chains, belts, hoses, pumps, seals, motors, etc.).
- Intermediate electrical skills and experience (sensors, PLCs, circuits, etc.).
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with little to no direct supervision and independently.
- Must have a high degree of professionalism, customer satisfaction and service-oriented attitude, commitment.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure as well as in fast paced, loud, variable environments (hot, cold, humid, dry, wet, smells, etc.).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to frequently and for extended periods of time stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, bend, twist and reach into machines with arms fully extended to make machine repairs, crouch or crawl, climb up stairs and ladders, walk or crawl over and under machinery, lift and carry parts, equipment, etc. up and down stairs and ladders. Some parts require lifting, balance, align, tighten, etc. in a sitting, bending, kneeling, or laying position, occasionally lift, move/carry, or support more than 100 pounds.
- Must be willing and able to work days, nights, weekends, holidays, variable and long shifts, overtime, etc.
- Must be willing to meet travel requirements, to include some unplanned/emergent travel.
- Current passport or able to obtain a passport.
- Must have valid driver’s license, be insurable, as well as have reliable transportation.
What we can offer:
- Opportunity to directly impact long term organizational performance and growth
- Strong internal support to help promote personal growth and goals
- Engaging and progressive culture
- Daily opportunity to influence “how the work gets done” and business performance
- Competitive salary
- 401k and Profit Sharing retirement program
- Market leading health & welfare benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Free Life Insurance, Free STD, Free LTD, FSA)
- Generous paid time off program
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by most people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and requirements. Scheduling flexibility is required to accommodate changing business needs.
Powered by JazzHR
Atlas Pacific Engineering
AddressLa Crosse, WI
ManufacturingView all jobs at Atlas Pacific Engineering