Provide day to day technical (and some functional) support for business systems around core ERP - Oracle JDE E1 9.2 modules namely Order to Cash, Procure to Pay, Finance, Logistics and manufacturing. IBM iseries SQL query writing, knowledge of E1 tables and working knowledge of IBM iseries is needed. Experience with DSI shopfloor application, Hubble reporting and BIP (BI Publisher) is desirable. Also be able to support E1 security, E1 UDO (user defined objects) and E1 configurations.
- Provide first line of technical support to all the business users by responding to the tickets in the help-desk system. Most tickets are around E1 and systems integrated with or around E1.
- Work with the Business Analyst, Oracle or the support vendor where needed understanding users' needs and identifying underlying problems, researching potential solutions, and implementing systems resolutions, including workarounds.
- Participate in a technical capacity in all phases of the Project Life Cycle, including post-production support and ongoing maintenance as required
- Analyze and document all work and requests in the ticket system.
- Use SQL and other programming skills to pull/write data, query data and write queries in and outside IBM iseries.
- Perform basic Security and Systems administration – managing user roles and permissions in different systems.
- Participate in integration testing and documenting results.
- Participate in internal audits and work with outside auditors to maintain regulatory compliance
- Work in concert with other IT organizational groups to insure a solid support structure for the end user community
- Abides by all statutory requirements including those relating to health and safety.
At least 5 years working with JD Edwards EnterpriseOne technical support on IBM platform (E1 versions 9.1 and above)
- Certifications in relevant technologies.
- At least 5 years of JDE technical and functional support experience.
- Working with Business users.
- Managing and/or programming basic application changes and integrations.
- Working with Oracle and CNC support.
- Report writing.
- Integration and middleware technologies.
- Working on an IT system that tracks and manages issues and changes.
- Basic E1 and related systems security administration.
- Business Functional experience in the following modules – Finance, Inventory, Procurement, Manufacturing, Sales and/or Distribution.
- Oracle JDE E1 9.2 on IBM Iseries.
- Database Query and development with MS SQL and/or IBM db2.
- Knowledge / Experience supporting technologies for example - Business Services, Orchestrator, Insight/Hubble, BI Publisher, etc.
- Knowledge of JDE database structure and Integration mechanism (API, Extract, Import)
- Knowledge of the JDE Enterprise One Toolset/Object Management Workbench
- Working knowledge of JDE Package and Deployment Tools
- Knowledge of JDE Security Maintenance
- Knowledge of UDOs, Batch Versions and IV
- DSI warehouse integrations with ERP.
- Citrix deployments
- Basic IT Configuring computers and peripherals.
- People skills are a must.
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Team Player, flexible and adaptable.
- Problem solver
- Consistent Attention to detail
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university, and 5 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret business periodicals, professional journals, written technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and technical manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, musical notes, etc.,) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to clearly view color computer screens. Occasional travel by air and vehicle required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Atlas Pacific Engineering