Expert Level Precision Manual Machinist (position located in Pueblo, CO)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Expert Level Precision Manual Machinist
The position is in Pueblo, Colorado which is one of Colorado’s least expensive cities to live and just minutes from world class recreational and outdoor activities (skiing, ATV, hiking, biking, fishing, river sports, etc.).
Colorado Springs is an easy commute to Pueblo. It is a much larger city with an urban feel located at the base of Pikes Peak and the Rocky Mountain Front range.
Pueblo Regional Offerings Include:
- Pueblo is a main hub of Southern Colorado which offers a low cost of living and small town atmosphere with the amenities of a large city (such as excellent schools, health care, art, entertainment, etc.). It also includes an ease of access to large metropolitan areas (2 hours South of Denver and 40 minutes of Colorado Springs via interstate).
- Outdoor paradise with over 300 days of sun annually, warm dry climate, very mild winters with little to no snow except for in the foothills and mountains and unlimited recreational opportunities
- World class recreational opportunities (skiing, biking, hunting, fishing, rafting, canoeing, hiking, running, snowmobiling, camping, etc.)
- For more information on Pueblo, please check out the Chamber of Commerce website: http://pueblochamber.org/visit/
Colorado Springs Regional Offerings Include:
- Against a backdrop of some of America’s most beautiful mountains sits a thriving community, offering an outstanding quality of life. Colorado Springs and the Pikes Peak region, by almost any index or measure, compares favorably for housing, utilities and other cost of living items. Combine these favorable cost factors with clean air and water, abundant recreational opportunities and great weather, and the advantages of living in Colorado Springs become overwhelmingly apparent.
- For more information on Colorado Springs, please check out the following websites: http://www.visitcos.com/ http://www.coloradospringsbusinessalliance.com/ http://coloradosprings.com/ http://www.springsgov.com/
Who we are:
High mix, low volume manufacturing company located in Pueblo, CO which produces industrial equipment and parts for global original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) in food processing industry. We currently have over 150k sq. ft. in manufacturing facilities on a 12 acre campus with significant expansion opportunity. Our core processes include Machining (CNC and Conventional), Welding (manual MIG and TIG), Fabrication, and Assembly. We have been a highly successful manufacturing organization for over 40 years and continue to grow and improve through the use of manufacturing best practices.
What you will do:
Efficiently, effectively, safely and independently set-up, adjust, troubleshoot and operate a variety of MANUAL MACHINE TOOLS including lathes and mills producing parts to exacting tolerances and dimensions at production rate (very tight tolerancing) This is a low-volume and high mix production environment.
Must be a subject matter expert in the following functions/activities (perform correctly and without assistance):
- Interpret complicated blueprints, sketches, and engineering specifications.
- Determine sequence of operations, number of cuts required, and method of setup.
- Select, mount, and align various specialized machine attachments and standard or improvised tooling.
- Make necessary and correct machine adjustments to improper machine functioning or cutting action.
- Measure, mark and scribe dimensions and reference points on material or work piece as guides.
- Calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors, such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth/angle of cut.
- Accurately monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
- Use a variety of machinist hand tools and precision measuring instruments.
- Understand materials and applications as required.
- Solve problems relative to work-holding arrangement, unusual materials, machine setting, tools, product specifications and fabrication methods for production process.
- Align and fasten work using standard fixtures and established methods.
- Install and adjust cutting tools consistent with type and size of material being machined.
- Adjust feeds, speeds, and depth of cut to machine quality parts, per documentation.
- Inspect parts for conformance to specifications using measuring instruments such as gages, calipers, micrometers and comparators.
- Visually inspects parts for burrs or damaged machined surfaces.
- Maintain equipment to ensure cleanliness, accuracy, and reliability specific to requirements.
- Implement lean initiatives by identifying and providing suggestions on areas for improvement.
- Effectively apply lean concepts and tools in work area.
- Observe all company policies and procedures, including safety rules, and maintain a clean and orderly work area.
What we can offer:
- Opportunity to directly impact long term organizational performance and growth.
- Opportunity to develop and execute world class manufacturing processes.
- Engaging and progressive culture.
- Daily opportunity to influence “how the work gets done” and business performance.
- Market leading benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, STD, LTD, FSA, 401K, Tuition Assistance).
*Position located in Pueblo, CO **Relocation assistance available
Powered by JazzHR
Atlas Pacific Engineering
ManufacturingView all jobs at Atlas Pacific Engineering