Perform preventative functions as well as repair or replacement of machinery. Can serve as an advanced technical resource in a maintenance specialty (i.e., fabrication, hydraulics, etc.)
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties as assigned)
· Ensure that all new and existing equipment or machinery is operating properly.
· Troubleshoot equipment issues to identify root cause.
· Rebuild and reseal components as needed to ensure functionality.
· Assist in any repairs that may be needed to the buildings or grounds.
· Perform Preventative Maintenance (PM) on all machinery as scheduled by the Maintenance Manager.
· Work off shift hours as necessary to perform maintenance around production schedule.
· Assist with manufacturing and installation of new equipment as needed.
· Properly document maintenance performed so that accurate records can be kept in eMaintenance.
· Can serve as an advanced technical resource in a given maintenance specialty (i.e., fabrication, hydraulics, pneumatics, controllers, etc.)
· Recognize and adhere to all best practices for safety (i.e. lock out/tag out, etc.).
· Must be able to operate forklift and scissor lift within the safety guidelines established by AMP.
· Maintains a clean and organized work area.
· May be responsible for supplying hand tools required for the job.
· Performs any other functions and responsibilities as assigned.
· Must be trained and familiar with general safety.
· Must be trained and familiar with Quality System Awareness
· Must be verified by supervisor to be able to sign off on procedures needed to fulfill job requirements within 2 months of hire.
· Additional training may be required as recommended by Maintenance Manager/Plant Manager.
· Regular, reliable, and predictable attendance is required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
· Prior experience in a manufacturing / industrial environment preferred.
· Experience with maintenance/mechanical systems preferred.
· Knowledge and experience with general maintenance and safety procedures including but not limited to boiler, electrical, hydraulic, steam, and pneumatic systems is preferred.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
· Must be fluent in the English language, both written and spoken.
· Must be able to use simple math, count and use basic hand-held measuring tools.
· Must be self-motivated while being able to work with others.
· Must have problem solving skills that can be applied to mechanical systems.
· Must have general understanding of the manufacturing processes, quality standards, equipment operations, safety requirements and departmental procedures.
· Driver record and insurance coverage appropriate to enable legal and safe driving of vehicle(s) for company related business
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
· Moderate to heavy physical effort required including sitting, standing, walking, kneeling, squatting, climbing steps or ladders, grasping, fine and course manipulation, reaching both forward and above head level, and tolerant of temperature changes for the entire shift.
· Must be able to push, pull and/or lift up to 100 pounds; and safely operate assigned machinery.
· The duties of this job may vary slightly across divisions and locations. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
· To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.