- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Atlas Immersion Academy is a multi-lingual, multicultural, and vibrant home for passionate Early Childhood Educators. Our staff and families will tell you that we’ve built something special here at Atlas.
Currently we are looking to hire an Infant Teacher for our SW Portland school, and seeking a compassionate individual who embodies a love for children with patience, and kindness. While we look for native or near native language proficiency (French/Spanish) we are open to all interested applicants who may wish to initiate or grow their careers in the early education and childcare field irrespective of their language skills. Currently we are offering a $200 Sign On Bonus for this position
Benefits of working with us:
- Competitive Pay package
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays including one for your birthday! (How cool is that!!)
- Life Insurance
- Health Insurance (Including dental & vision)
- Retirement Savings
- 66% Tuition reduction (for your children)
- Assistance in continuing your childcare education
- Transportation Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Program
Work Schedule - Mon - Fri (shifts between 7.00am - 6.00pm)
Full time - 40hrs/week
Pay scale - $17-19/hr. ( Based on experience and education)
As an Infant Teacher you will be responsible to:
- Provide a safe and loving environment for the infants in their care.
- Give bottles to infants as provided by parents
- Feed infants' solid foods as age appropriate and provided by parents
- Change diapers as needed
- Soothe infants by singing to and cuddling them
- Supervise infants on the floor as they play with age appropriate toys
- Put infants in cribs for nap time
- Ensure play, sleep and changing areas are kept clean
- Create fun and interactive learning experiences
- Manage the routine and environment of the infants to ensure a safe and nurturing space for all
- Observe & Assess : document development of infants, and evaluate the achievement of developmental milestones.
- Communicate : on an everyday basis with parents through an app, weekly emails on curriculum, respectful in-person interactions to achieve success for the child.
- Nurturing the healthy development of the infants over a period of time.
- Keep a safe, clean and sanitary work environment.
We are most interested in talking to applicants that bring with them:
- Passion for working with babies/infants and building a rapport with them
- Previous experience in infant child care would be a plus
- Fluency in French/Spanish will be an added advantage
- A positive and patient demeanor
- Able to lift up to 30 pounds
- Good communication skills to interact effectively with parents
- Legal right to work in the U.S. (we do not sponsor visas)
- Enrollment in the Oregon Central Background Registry - $200 signing bonus available to applicants already enrolled in the CBR.
Atlas provides Teaching assistants with the training, mentoring, and support to become Lead Teacher qualified in just one year! All it needs is a great attitude and a strong passion to grow and learn.
Atlas Immersion Academy provided the following inclusive hiring information:
We are an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
- Women-led organization
- Disability accommodations
- Inclusive of minority and disadvantaged groups
- LGBTQ+ friendly workplace
- Diversity and inclusion training or programs
- Fully or partially paid childcare
- Paid time off
Atlas follows the CDC, the Oregon Health Authority and the Oregon Early Learning Division's latest mandatory guidelines on modified operations practice related to the health and safety of the staff and the customers.
Atlas Immersion Academy is a privately owned and operated early childhood business, running two Child Care Centers and two Certified Family Facilities in the greater Portland metropolitan area. Atlas Immersion Academy's primary mission is to develop and operate high quality child care facilities for the communities it serves, in the context of a multicultural and language immersion curriculum and environment. Atlas currently operates French, Spanish and Mandarin (in 2021) language immersion programs. Founded in 2010 by a local Portland couple, Atlas strives to maintain high value for its clients and employees, with the personal touch of a family-owned business.
Learn more at www.atlasimmersionacademy.com
Atlas Immersion Academy
EducationView all jobs at Atlas Immersion Academy