The RN PreOp/PACU position assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and documents nursing care of patients in accordance with organizational policies and in accordance with standards of professional nursing practice utilizing the framework for professional nursing practice and development. This RN PreOp/PACU is accountable for the quality of nursing services delivered by self or others who are under their direction. This RN PreOp/PACU utilizes specialized knowledge, judgment, and nursing skills necessary to assess data and plan, provide and evaluate care appropriate to the physical and developmental age of assigned patients.
Associate's Degree or Diploma in Nursing, or higher, required. Must possess a current, valid RN license in state of practice, temporary RN license in state of practice, or compact RN licensure for current state of practice. BLS & ACLS certifications are required. *PALS certification required within 90 days of start date.
Minimum of 1 year recent PreOP/PACU licensed RN experience strongly preferred.
1. Assesses patient physical, psychological, social, spiritual, educational, developmental, cultural and discharge planning needs. Reviews patient history and physical with patient/family and assures completion within appropriate timeframe. Reviews available information obtained by other health care team members. Reviews diagnostics and laboratory data and reports abnormal results to the physician(s) and other appropriate caregivers. Completes assessment and reassessments according to patient need and as outlined in policy.
2. The RN formulates a plan of care, including the discharge plan, utilizing assessment data and patient, family and health team input. Initiates a plan of care based on patient-specific needs, assessment data and the medical plan of care. Goals for patient are realistic, measurable and developed in conjunction with the patient/family. Considers the physical, cultural, psychosocial, spiritual, age specific and educational needs of the patient in the plan of are. Plans care in collaboration with members of the multidisciplinary team. Reviews and revises the plan of care to reflect changing patient needs based on evaluation of the patient’s status.
3. The RN implements the plan of care through direct patient care, coordination, delegation and supervision of the activities of the health care team. Provides care based on physician orders and the nursing plan of care, in compliance with policies and procedures, standards of care, and regulatory agency requirements. Delegates appropriately, and provides nursing supervision in the provision of care to patients by other licensed nurses and other personnel. Promotes continuity of care by accurately and completely communicating to other caregivers the status of patients for whom care is provided.
4. The RN evaluates the patient's and family's response to care and teaching, and revises the plan of care as needed. Evaluates patient progress towards goals and expected outcomes in collaboration with other health care team members. Evaluates patient's response and the effectiveness of patient teaching.
5. The RN documents assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation in the patient record. Documentation is legible, timely and in accordance with policy. Documentation reflects objective/subjective data, nursing interventions and patient’s response to treatment. Notes physician orders accurately and in a timely manner.
6. The RN provides care based on the best evidence available and may participate in research activities within clinical practice. Participates in unit or facility shared leadership. Interacts and participates in the education, role development, and orientation of facility personnel, patients, students, families and visitors. Promotes/supports growth of others through precepting and mentoring when appropriate.
Our mission is to provide exceptional care and outstanding customer service to every patient, every physician, every time.
Atlas Healthcare Partners offers professional growth opportunities, and a safe supportive, and inclusive work environment with excellent salary and benefits. The bedrock of our model is Culture and we focus here first. Through great leadership and employee engagement we continue to build and maintain a strong culture that delivers on our mission.
Atlas Healthcare Partners, LLC
Why Work Here?Atlas Healthcare Partners is an outpatient surgery center development and management company headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona. We currently operate fourteen ambulatory surgery centers throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, Tucson and Northern Colorado areas. Our mission is to provide exceptional care and outstanding customer service to every patient, every physician, every time. Atlas Healthcare Partners offers professional growth opportunities, and a safe supportive, and inclusive work environment with excellent salary and benefits. The bedrock of our model is Culture and we focus here first. Through great leadership and employee engagement we continue to build and maintain a strong culture that delivers on our mission.
Join our team of high quality people contributing to high quality outcomes. Every patient, every physician, every time.