This is a PRN status position.
This Radiology Technician position performs prescribed radiographic procedures in accordance with department/facility policies, procedures and protocols. The Radiology Technician ensures optimal care/treatment to patient population.
High School Diploma or GED. Certificate or diploma from an approved/accredited school of Radiology program.
Requires national certification from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) and licensure by the state regulatory agency if applicable. BLS certification required. This position requires clinical knowledge typically achieved with 1 year of experience. Must demonstrate effective communication skills, human relations skills, analyze data and solve problems.
· Performs radiographic procedures and analysis according to departmental guidelines. Uses independent judgment and applies learned methodologies according to established policy and procedures.
· Educates patients/families regarding procedure and/or treatment to be performed as well as risk factors and prevention. Demonstrates professional behavior/conduct in all interactions; fosters teamwork, efficient use of resources and quality patient outcomes
· Produces high quality images and prepares/presents them with other pertinent patient information for timely interpretation. Prepares and maintains accurate documentation.
· Demonstrates competence in performing prescribed invasive/interventional procedures if applicable in accordance with established policies.
· Performs and evaluates equipment quality control measurements. Demonstrates the ability to trouble shoot and notifies appropriate personnel to maintain equipment performance. Maintains a safe environment for patients, personnel, and visitors. Adheres to safety policies.
· Accountable for the ethical, legal, and professional responsibilities related to radiology practice. This includes maintaining confidentiality of all work information.
· Assures the efficient operation of workflow of the department by performing other duties as assigned. Monitors and maintains an adequate inventory of supplies and material to ensure non-interruption of services.