Charge Nurses and Nurse Supervisors, this is for you!
It's the perfect time to take the leap into nursing leadership with Atlas. We offer a five day work week, no nights, no weekends, no call and no holidays.
The Nurse Manager, PreOp PACU position provides supervision and support of clinical operations, staff, and encompassing all general surgery and procedural patients. Often provides direct patient care according to the needs of the department/location and facilitates collaboration between nursing and all other healthcare and medical disciplines. The Nurse Manager, PreOp PACU manages finances and nursing team to ensure appropriate allocation of resources in providing quality patient care.
Associate's Degree or Diploma in Nursing, or higher, required. Must possess a current, valid RN license in state of practice, temporary RN license in state of practice, or compact RN licensure for current state of practice. BLS & ACLS certifications are required. *PALS certification required within 90 days of start date.
Minimum of 1 year recent PreOp/PACU or perioperative licensed RN experience strongly preferred. Charge, Supervisory or Management experience strongly preferred.
1. Provides and facilitates patient centered care and patient flow and serves as a resource to employees for clinical and managerial support. Promotes and participates in interdisciplinary patient care planning and education. Assesses appropriate level of care for patient population. Elevates utilization or care plan issues to leadership as appropriate.
2. Ensures effective use of resources, equipment and supplies. Identifies and adjusts staffing levels needed to meet changing workload projections and provide safe, quality patient care. Ensures smooth and efficient patient care management.
3. Assists with the development of budgets and ensures that targets are met.
4. Serves as a resource to patients, families, physicians, and staff by interpreting policies and facilitating care. Provides departmental leadership by demonstrating effective communication skills, problem solving, and proactive conflict resolution to internal and external customers in situations.
5. Hires, leads, mentors, develops, and evaluates staff in a manner that promotes engagement, productivity, and ensures competencies. Mentors staff to increase clinical skills, critical thinking, problem solving skills and promote retention. Conducts individual and team goal setting, performance planning and evaluation.
6. Supports change and participates in the development, interpretation, implementation and evaluation of process improvement and quality management activities. Works with staff to make necessary changes. Provides all customers with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.