- Posted: over a month ago
- $18 to $20 Hourly
- Benefits: medical, vision, 401k, dental, life insurance,
Tasks & Activities:
- Comply with all safety rules and processes
- Prepare accurate records on the maintenance and repair of equipment.
- Repair tables, chairs, various types of furniture, cooking equipment, warehouse tools, carts, pallets, etc.
- Fabricate basic logistic equipment i.e., carts of various types, wheeled dollies, support frames, crating, etc.
- Inform supervisor of equipment failures.
- Report safety violations to supervisor.
- Inform supervisor of needed parts.
- Complete work orders for internal and external repairs.
- Analyze equipment malfunctions.
- Repair power and mechanical equipment.
- Work with and train maintenance assistant
- Execute maintenance checklist report daily
- Apply professional troubleshooting techniques to equipment repair.
- Maintain an organized shop by returning tools and unused parts to the appropriate storage area.
- Maintain a clean shop, especially personal working area, and keep floors swept and mopped. Assist in maintaining the company property.
- Implement preventative maintenance program.
- Attend workshops, seminars and classes for innovative repair techniques as assigned by your supervisor.
- Assist yard, warehouse, and delivery personnel as necessary.
- Fill in for other positions, when necessary, for smooth operation of the business.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, rules, and regulations in written or verbal form.
- Comply with government safety requirements and other regulations and security in store.
- Attend department, staff and safety meetings.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Nature of the Work:
To maintain and repair all types of rental equipment. Electrical, carpentry and welding knowledge is necessary. Request ordering of parts, tools, and equipment as necessary. Must be courteous, professional, and knowledgeable with customers regarding safety procedures and rental equipment.
Must stand for long periods of time. Most work will be indoors with general warehouse conditions, in which some work areas may not be heated or air conditioned. This job requires interaction with co-workers and with the public. This position requires frequent lifting and a significant degree of walking, bending and transporting objects of various weights and dimensions. May have exposure to chemicals, including but not limited to gasoline, propane, paint, and cleaning solvents. Propane is an obvious hazard; hence a sense of smell is required.
Education, Skills & Requirements:
· Must possess knowledge of (at minimum) basic carpentry skills
· Must possess knowledge in the construction and mechanical fields as well as knowledge in HVAC and plumbing.
· Must possess knowledge of carpentry tools and usage including, but not limited to: power tools, drills, saws, hand tools, etc.
· Must possess knowledge of paints, varnishes, stains, glues, and any various compounds
· A high school diploma or equivalent GED is preferred but not required.
· Vocational education or certification is also preferred but not required.
· Must be able to lift approximately 50 lbs.
· Must maintain a professional personal appearance.
· Must be able to use mathematics to solve problems.
· Computer knowledge is preferred.
· Must be able to speak English clearly and write legibly. The ability to speak other languages is a plus.
· Must maintain an acceptable attendance record.
· Must have a full range of motion and dexterity.
· Must be able to apply principles of rational thinking to solve problems.
· Must be able to understand and complete instructions furnished in written, oral, or scheduled form.
· Maintain a cooperative working relationship with co-workers.
Reports to: Warehouse Supervisor / Director of Operations
Atlas Event Rental
1926 High Ridge RoadBoynton Beach, FL
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?