Atlas Brew Works Tap Room General Manager: Ivy City Washington DC
DC’s own Solar Powered Craft Brewery is seeking an energetic and qualified hospitality vet to join our growing team to manage our mothership Tap Room at our Ivy City production facility.
The Ivy City Taproom General Manager is a vital part of the Atlas team and oversees a key component of our guest experience, brand, and growth. The General Manager is responsible for managing our team of Tap Room Beer Guides, procuring supplies, and ensuring quality of service and draft beer system.
Atlas offer competitive compensation including health insurance and company sponsored retirement plan and flexible time off.
The Ivy City General Manager is responsible for overseeing the day to day operations of the Ivy City Tap Room including, but not limited to:
- Hiring, training, and supervising staff.
- Creating and maintaining a daily, weekly, and monthly schedule for staff and events.
- Safeguarding company policies.
- Holding staff accountable to company standards.
- Proper evaluation and execution of opening and closing procedures.
- Implement, maintain, and adjust SOPs.
- Set and achieve goals for yourself, staff, and the taproom.
- Maintain a secure, safe, sanitary, and healthy environment by enforcing health and legal regulations.
- Performing maintenance, general cleanliness, tap and line system maintenance, and working with the brewing team to coordinate beer rotation schedule.
- Ensure fiscal responsibility by managing daily inbound and outbound costs including negotiating, purchasing, and receiving supplies, maintaining and tracking inventory, and controlling labor costs.
- Maintain, create, and utilize personnel, monetary, and inventory reports.
- Collect and evaluate customer and staff feedback and react accordingly.
- Work with all levels of management to achieve goals. Conduct monthly staff and management meetings.
- Investigate and resolve staff and guest issues in a timely manner.
- Grow sales through creative events and promotions
- Ensuring guest to the Tap Room enjoy a hospital environment and the freshest local craft beer served by knowledgeable and friendly staff.
- A great attitude and desire to create the best hospitality experience for our guests
- A minimum of 1 year as a tap room manager or equivalent
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- ABRA certified manager's license
- Knowledge of financial aspects of business operations.
- Attention to detail, able to multi-task, and prioritize day to day activities in a fast pace environment. Ability to anticipate and proactively address problems in a fast-paced environment
- Basic understanding of beer production.
- Craft beer style knowledge and understanding. Cicerone Level 1 preferred.
- Positive attitude and ability to work with a diverse set of people.
- Self-motivated and exhibiting an aptitude for leading, coaching, and driving excellence
- Exceptional customer service skills. Organization and cleanliness are a priority.
- Ability to lift 75+ lbs.
- Ability to manipulate 165 lbs kegs with/without dolly.
- Must be 21+ years of age.
If you are interested, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Atlas Brew Works