Director of Financial Aid
- Expired: February 03, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Atlantis University is an international institution offering courses and academic programs that lead to Associate’s degree, Bachelor’s degrees, Master’s degrees, certifications, and other diplomas in the fields of Business, Health and Technology.
We are currently seeking a Director of Financial Aid to assists in student enrollment, retention, and success by providing leadership, and oversight of the policies, administration, application, and award and reporting of all federal, state, and institutional student financial aid programs and scholarships.
The Director of Financial Aid will monitor and track that all policies and procedures related to financial aid, and to ensure compliance with state and federal regulators.
- Responsible for the processing of all student financial aid to include Title IV, Veterans Affairs, Military Tuition Assistance, and Scholarships.
- Administer full-service financial aid processing, including document collection, awarding, FAFSA verification, and loan certification for college related programs.
- Carries out leadership responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable law.
- Package financial aid and submits information to the outsourced vendor for processing.
- Ensures Federal, State, accreditation and institutional guidelines for student enrollment and financial aid eligibility are met.
- Advises students in a thorough, complete and customer service manner to determine financial aid needs and options.
- Monitors student financial assistance process to ensure financial aid packages are established, conveyed, and funds are disbursed in a timely manner.
- Organizes and manages the accurate and timely performance of all Return to Title IV (R2T4) calculation, R2T4 refunds, and credit balance refunds.
- Certifies students' VA eligibility and ensures notification of student enrollment changes are remitted accurately and timely
- Maintain and oversee all Veterans Affairs, including V.A. Certifying Official authorized to sign and submit Department of Veterans Affair documents.
- Ensure timely disbursement of federal funds to students according to Federal, State, accreditation and institutional regulations.
- Accurate and timely calculation and billing of student tuition and fees.
- Collects, complete and submits required reports to the Department of education including but not limited to the following: IPEDS, Campus Safety, annual application for Financial Aid.
- Responsible for account receivable and bad debt management
- Takes appropriate measures to minimize default rate (entrance interview, exit interview).
- Answers Financial Aid questions to students.
- Maintains Policies and Procedures Manuals and internal control memorandum’s expected by external auditors.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience working in a financial aid department of an accredited college or university with direct responsibility for advising on or awarding of Title IV activities or programs.
- Knowledge of student grant, loan, and scholarship programs.
- Strong background in compliance including audits.
- Strong analytical skills, strong competence working with numbers, attention to detail, as well as effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of federal, State, and private financial aid regulations would be the main requirement for this position.
- Self-motivated, strong work ethic and ability to handle and timely complete multiple tasks.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple high-priority projects simultaneously.
Get fresh Director Financial Aid jobs daily straight to your inbox!