Helpdesk Support Technician - Tier 2
Atlantic.Net Orlando, FL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Atlantic.Net is a market-leading Cloud Services company that is recognized for providing exceptional business hosting service, simplifying complex technologies, and building a brand that businesses trust since 1994.
Specializing in Public Cloud, Private Cloud, and Managed Services, along with Colocation and Dedicated Servers, we own and operate our certified data center and cloud infrastructure in Orlando, New York, Dallas, San Francisco, Toronto, and London and are dedicated to implementing tailored hosting solutions that enable customers to enjoy the benefits of cost savings and allow them to focus on their business.
Atlantic.Net is looking for a highly motivated individual with experience and a passion for delivering excellent technical support and great customer service. As a NOC Support Technician, you will receive and troubleshoot issues related to Atlantic.Net’s product offerings.
- Receive and troubleshoot basic issues related to Atlantic.Net's Windows and Linux product offerings.
- Fully document all work performed via our Helpdesk ticketing system.
- Communicate and follow-up with customers via phone, in person, or electronically.
- Provide continuous monitoring of our 25,000 sq/ft data center in Orlando, FL, as well as all remote hosting sites, for any power, environment, or security-related alarms while verifying customer access to the facility and collocated equipment.
- Complete required work, including but not limited to password resets, new customer signups, Helpdesk system alerts, and initial troubleshooting of customer's systems.
- Collaborate and interface with Engineering Technicians.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience in IT, customer service, or other related fields.
- Ability to build rapport with clients.
- Positive and professional demeanor.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Exhibit troubleshooting and critical thinking skills.
- Strong sense of personal responsibility and a desire to learn and improve.
- Ability to prioritize and complete tasks accurately.
- Ability to work holidays.
Strong understanding of the following:
- IT Security best practices.
- Unix/Linux Operating Systems. (CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu)
- Windows 2016/2019 Operating Systems.
- Website backend administration, including Apache, Nginx, Plesk, and WHM/cPanel
- Network/Server management and troubleshooting utilities.
- TCP/IP subnetting, network switching, and routing technologies.
- Security Protocols such as IPSEC / SSL-VPN / NAT / OpenVPN.
- DNS; A/AAAA, CNAME, MX, TXT, SOA, PTR, and SRV records.
- Virtualization platforms and architectures, specifically KVM, Hyper-V, and VMWare.
- Firewall appliance management, such as Sonicwall, Watchguard, Sophos, or pfSense.
Additional Qualifications a plus:
- Working knowledge with one of the following languages: BASH, Python, PHP.
- Working knowledge of MySQL and MSSQL, specifically user management, security practices, and basic functionality.
- Benefits after 90-days (Vacation, Health, Dental, Vision, 401K)
- Training opportunities and hands-on experience; learn and grow in a fun atmosphere!
- Sunday - Wednesday (2x 12am-12pm, 2x 12am-10am)*
- Sunday - Wednesday (2x 12pm-12am, 2x 2pm-12am)
- Wednesday - Saturday (2x 12am-12pm, 2x 12am-10am)*
- Wednesday - Saturday (2x 12pm-12am, 2x 2pm-12am)
- Monday - Friday (8am-5pm)
- Monday - Friday (12pm-9pm)
Atlantic.NetWhy Work Here?
Atlantic.Net is team and growth orientated!
Atlantic.Net, established in 1994, is a private and profitable non-venture funded Cloud Services company. We are passionate about technology and the future it can bring us. We are looking for like-minded individuals who want to participate in growing and accelerating business. We have thrived in spite of a fragile economy and want to work with others to build something amazing. We are a great fit for someone who wants to help build a sustainable business, and enjoys working with smart, ambitious, optimistic, fun people.
440 West Kennedy Blvd. OrlandoOrlando, FL